Velocity Reviews

-   -   growisofs messing up with -M (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t272287-growisofs-messing-up-with-m.html)

Yibbels 04-08-2005 12:01 PM

growisofs messing up with -M

Hello,

I'm writing a DVD-ROM under Linux using growisofs, and the -M
or update switch is not working. Here is what happens.

I create a DVD with the -Z -J switches just fine. Long filenames are
preserved and the files are verified when I run cmp.

However if I subsequently try to add files to the DVD using
-M -J, I am told that the long filesnames cannot be used and growisofs
instead converts the names to useless old style 8+3 names e.g.
MYFILE.001.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
Yib