Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVD Verdict reviews: LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE: THE COMPLETE SEVENTH SEASON and more! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t272215-dvd-verdict-reviews-little-house-on-the-prairie-the-complete-seventh-season-and-more.html)

DVD Verdict 03-30-2005 09:15 AM

DVD Verdict reviews: LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE: THE COMPLETE SEVENTH SEASON and more!

Today, DVD Verdict posted reviews of CHRISTMAS WITH THE BEVERLY
HILLBILLIES, CYBERCHASE: STARLIGHT NIGHT, DRAKE AND JOSH: SUDDENLY
BROTHERS, THE JAMIE KENNEDY EXPERIMENT: THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON,
LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE: THE COMPLETE SEVENTH SEASON, MARRIED
WITH CHILDREN: THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON, and SLIDERS: THE FIRST AND
SECOND SEASONS:

CHRISTMAS WITH THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES (reviewed by Dennis Prince,
overall score 65/100):
"The show was hackneyed and silly for certain, yet the wise and
trusting nature of Jed, the warmth and regard of Elly May (especially
towards 'critters'), the feigned worldliness of 6th-grade grad'jit
Jethro, and the cantankerous caring of Granny warmed the hearts of
American viewers."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/xm...illbillies.php

CYBERCHASE: STARLIGHT NIGHT (reviewed by Sandra Dozier, overall
score 70/100):
"Usually, if you say the words 'making math fun' you may as well
say 'boring the socks off you.' The good news is that Cyberchase
isn't boring."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/cy...estarlight.php

DRAKE AND JOSH: SUDDENLY BROTHERS (reviewed by Bill Gibron, overall
score 81/100):
"Drake and Josh merely trades on a couple of well-honed formulas, firmly
wedges in the recognizable archetypes and filters the entire farce
through a wholesome approach to values and family relations."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/dr...ddenlybros.php

THE JAMIE KENNEDY EXPERIMENT: THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON (reviewed by
Patrick Naugle, overall score 86/100):
"The premise of the show lends itself well to Kennedy's goofy persona:
He gets the chance to dress up in various outfits and disguises and act
like a complete fool."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/ja...edyseason3.php

LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE: THE COMPLETE SEVENTH SEASON (reviewed by
Sandra Dozier, overall score 85/100):
"Little House was something of a crossover hit: a deeply religious show
that was sometimes heavy-handed in its moralizing yet managed to be
balanced enough to attract a large agnostic and atheist fan base -- a
trick that shows such as Highway to Heaven (which also starred Landon)
and Touched by an Angel did not pull off as effectively."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/li...useseason7.php

MARRIED WITH CHILDREN: THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON (reviewed by Aaron
Bossig, overall score 89/100):
"Enjoying Married With Children wasn't at all about reveling in
mediocrity. It was about being able to bloom where you were planted, and
having the strength to lampoon a world that gave you nothing but grief.
That's why the Bundys can be role models: their lack of manners and
etiquette give them opportunities denied to polite society."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/ma...renseason3.php

SLIDERS: THE FIRST AND SECOND SEASONS (reviewed by Elizabeth Skipper,
overall score 86/100):
"Sending characters to parallel Earths that are similar to ours but
changed in some fundamental way is a perfect concept for a sci-fi series
-- the possibilities for new and intriguing episodes are endless -- but
somehow the writers never quite moved past the seedling stage into a fully-fleshed-
out show with arcs, character development, and continuity."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/sl...eason1and2.php

Mike Jackson
Editor & Webmaster, DVD Verdict
www.dvdverdict.com

Rob 03-30-2005 03:00 PM

Re: DVD Verdict reviews: LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE: THE COMPLETE SEVENTH SEASON and more!

I gotta tell ya Mike - the new pop-ups on your site are ruining it.

Rob

Jay Stewart 03-30-2005 05:27 PM

"Rob" <shadowraptor@mts.net> wrote in message
>I gotta tell ya Mike - the new pop-ups on your site are ruining it.
>
> Rob

mmmm...I go there at least every second day and I haven't seen any new
pop-ups...

Rob 03-30-2005 08:45 PM

Re: DVD Verdict reviews: LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE: THE COMPLETE SEVENTH SEASON and more!

They show up on the right hand corner when reading the reviews. They're not
pop-ups - just irritating ads.

Rob

Jay Stewart 03-30-2005 09:32 PM

> They show up on the right hand corner when reading the reviews. They're
> not
> pop-ups - just irritating ads.
>
> Rob

Curious. I'm not getting any of those when I visit their site. Perhaps you
have some vile adware on your computer or my Norton is blocking them out...

Justin 03-30-2005 09:44 PM

Jay Stewart wrote on [Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:32:39 GMT]:
> "Rob" <shadowraptor@mts.net> wrote in message
>> They show up on the right hand corner when reading the reviews. They're
>> not
>> pop-ups - just irritating ads.
>>
>> Rob

> Curious. I'm not getting any of those when I visit their site. Perhaps you
> have some vile adware on your computer or my Norton is blocking them out...

they're there

Rob 03-30-2005 09:49 PM

Re: DVD Verdict reviews: LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE: THE COMPLETE SEVENTH SEASON and more!

Check out the review for "Married With Children". Do you see a large ad on
the right hand side of the section titled "The Charge"?

Rob 03-30-2005 09:50 PM

Re: DVD Verdict reviews: LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE: THE COMPLETE SEVENTH SEASON and more!

PS - That ad changes every time you click refresh ...

Justin 03-30-2005 10:13 PM

Derek Janssen wrote on [Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:09:13 -0800]:

>>>Curious. I'm not getting any of those when I visit their site. Perhaps you
>>>have some vile adware on your computer or my Norton is blocking them out...

>> Check out the review for "Married With Children". Do you see a large ad on
>> the right hand side of the section titled "The Charge"?

> Um, no, just the page-embedded ad--No pops.

Derek, Derek, Derek...

Jay Stewart 03-31-2005 01:05 AM

> Check out the review for "Married With Children". Do you see a large ad on
> the right hand side of the section titled "The Charge"?
>
> Rob

No. I'm there right now and I don't see it.

Honestly. I have Norton Internet Security Professional. I don't know if that
makes a difference.