Velocity Reviews

-   -   DENON’S DVD-5910 FEATURING REALTA HQV™ CHIP GETS HIGHEST SCORE EVER FOR A DVD PLAYER. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t271820-denon-s-dvd-5910-featuring-realta-hqv-chip-gets-highest-score-ever-for-a-dvd-player.html)

Allan 02-17-2005 02:07 AM

DENON’S DVD-5910 FEATURING REALTA HQV™ CHIP GETS HIGHEST SCORE EVER FOR A DVD PLAYER.

DENON’S DVD-5910 FEATURING REALTA HQV™ CHIP GETS HIGHEST SCORE EVER
FOR A DVD PLAYER

For more info visit http://www.siliconoptix.com

Denon’s flagship DVD player, DVD-5910 with Realta™ Hollywood Quality
Video (HQV™ ) technology has received the highest score ever, 97 out
of 100, in the history of the Secrets of Home Theater and High
Fidelity’s DVD benchmark.

San Jose, Calif. (Feb. 16, 2005)—Denon’s flagship DVD player, DVD-5910
with Realta‘ Hollywood Quality Video (HQV‘) technology has received
the highest score ever, 97 out of 100, in the history of the Secrets
of Home Theater and High Fidelity’s DVD benchmark.

“We’ve tested hundreds of DVD players, and Denon’s 5910 delivers the
highest-quality image that we’ve ever seen. The addition of the
Silicon Optix Realta HQV chip is a breakthrough feature of this
player,” stated Kris Deering of Secrets of Home Theater and High
Fidelity (www.hometheaterhifi.com).

“Denon’s 5910 transforms DVDs to near-HD quality and is a perfect
companion to anyone who has an HD display and wants to get the most
from the thousands of DVD’s that are available today,” continued
Deering.

The Realta HQV chip originates from Teranex’s broadcast and
postproduction platforms. Teranex’s software algorithms run on
Realta’s fully programmable, trillion-operations-per second video
processing engine to deliver a new standard in image quality, a
standard Silicon Optix is calling Hollywood Quality Video, or HQV.

The Realta HQV processor has already won six awards since its launch
in September 2004, including the CES 2005 “Best of Innovations” award
for the Embedded Technologies category, “Most Promising New
Technology” and “Most Exciting New Company” from The Perfect Vision,
“Best Buzz” of CEDIA from Insight Media, AVGuide Monthly’s “Best
Product Overall” and Red Herring`s “Top 100 Innovators” award.

The DVD-5910 is available now at a suggested retail price of $3500
(USD). For more information on Denon, please visit: www.usa.denon.com.

To learn more about Realta HQV go to www.siliconoptix.com.

About Denon Electronics
From its beginning in the 1930s as a supplier of professional
recording studio and broadcast equipment, Denon has become a world
leader in the manufacture of the highest quality home theater, audio
and software products. Denon is recognized internationally for
innovative and groundbreaking products and has a long history of
technical innovations, including the development and first
commercialization of PCM digital audio. Denon Electronics is a wholly
owned subsidiary of D&M Holdings Inc.

About Silicon Optix
Silicon Optix Inc., a privately held fabless semiconductor company, is
the leading supplier of advanced video/image digital processing
integrated circuits (ICs). The company’s products are driving three
unique technologies into a broad range of markets: a patented,
powerful, array-based programmable DSP for digital video;
industry-leading software algorithms from Teranex; and proprietary
eWARP‘ geometry processing. Its mission is to leverage these
innovative technologies into ICs that will enable the next generation
of digital video/image capture, transmission, distribution, editing,
storage, and display solutions, with an initial focus on large-area
digital displays including front and rear projection. Silicon Optix is
headquartered in San Jose, California, with operations in Hanover,
Germany; Orlando, Florida; Taipei, Taiwan; and Toronto, Canada. For
more information about Silicon Optix, please visit the company`s web
site at www.siliconoptix.com.

http://www.hometoys.com/news.php4?se...ew&id=19802501

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

RichA 02-17-2005 05:53 PM

Re: DENON’S DVD-5910 FEATURING REALTA HQV™ CHIP GETS HIGHEST SCORE EVER FOR A DVD PLAYER.

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:07:47 -0500, Allan
<Spamsucks@buffyisbrianlamb.net> wrote:

>DENON’S DVD-5910 FEATURING REALTA HQV™ CHIP GETS HIGHEST SCORE EVER
>FOR A DVD PLAYER
>
>For more info visit http://www.siliconoptix.com
>
>Denon’s flagship DVD player, DVD-5910 with Realta™ Hollywood Quality
>Video (HQV™ ) technology has received the highest score ever, 97 out
>of 100, in the history of the Secrets of Home Theater and High
>Fidelity’s DVD benchmark.
>
>San Jose, Calif. (Feb. 16, 2005)—Denon’s flagship DVD player, DVD-5910
>with Realta‘ Hollywood Quality Video (HQV‘) technology has received
>the highest score ever, 97 out of 100, in the history of the Secrets
>of Home Theater and High Fidelity’s DVD benchmark.
>
>“We’ve tested hundreds of DVD players, and Denon’s 5910 delivers the
>highest-quality image that we’ve ever seen. The addition of the
>Silicon Optix Realta HQV chip is a breakthrough feature of this
>player,” stated Kris Deering of Secrets of Home Theater and High
>Fidelity (www.hometheaterhifi.com).
>
>“Denon’s 5910 transforms DVDs to near-HD quality and is a perfect
>companion to anyone who has an HD display and wants to get the most
>from the thousands of DVD’s that are available today,” continued
>Deering.

Forgetting that most American home theatre mags are run by ad whores
and that their reviews cannot be trusted, this is interesting.
But the machine also costs as much as the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD top line
machines cost. In a sense, this reminds me of people extolling the
virtues of the top-line Pioneer laserdisc (Elite and 704s) players
when DVDs had already taken off. Kind of late in the game, but
perhaps still viable?
-Rich