Velocity Reviews

-   -   Shall We Dance (orig Jpn version) dvd (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t271610-shall-we-dance-orig-jpn-version-dvd.html)

Ed Kim 01-31-2005 12:26 AM

Shall We Dance (orig Jpn version) dvd

I've been waiting forever for SHALL WE DANCE (DANSU)? to release on dvd
and the good news is that Miramax finally released it in conjunction
with that horrible (i assume as i'd not seen it) Richard Gere/JLo film.
But why-oh-why did they have to release only the US edited version?
WHy could they not give us the original Japanese DIrector's cut?
Ugh. and i'd buy the Japanese R2 dvd if one existed... *sigh*

-goro-

Maureen Goldman 01-31-2005 05:52 AM

Re: Shall We Dance (orig Jpn version) dvd

>"Ed Kim" <evilninjax@gmail.com> wrote:
>I've been waiting forever for SHALL WE DANCE (DANSU)? to release on dvd
>and the good news is that Miramax finally released it in conjunction
>with that horrible (i assume as i'd not seen it) Richard Gere/JLo film.
>But why-oh-why did they have to release only the US edited version?
>WHy could they not give us the original Japanese DIrector's cut?
>Ugh. and i'd buy the Japanese R2 dvd if one existed... *sigh*

I've been waiting for the Japanese version as well after seeing it on
TV. The American remake really isn't awful, though.

Pat 01-31-2005 02:49 PM

Re: Shall We Dance (orig Jpn version) dvd

The US version of SWD, starring Gere and Lopez, is not bad. Its just not as
good as the original Japanese one.

news:1107131181.648597.83490@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...