Velocity Reviews

-   -   Thoughts on These Please (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t271090-thoughts-on-these-please.html)

Dragon 12-25-2004 01:38 AM

Thoughts on These Please

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting

Would like to get but nor sure

dave

JMKAUFFMAN 12-25-2004 02:13 AM

Re: Thoughts on These Please

Well I think calling it "PLANTinum" edition is your first important clue. :)

The Truth About Frances Farmer:
http://hometown.aol.com/jmkauffman/sheddinglight.html

P Pron 12-25-2004 03:18 AM

Re: Thoughts on These Please

Dragon wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting
>
> Would like to get but nor sure
>
> dave

The R2 version of fits a complete series on 2x3-disc sets, so that's 24
discs for 4 series. Why should the Singapore version take up "a whopping 42
DVDs" for the same thing? Doesn't sound right, unless of course they're
produced by a factory that can't cope with dual-layer discs, which doesn't
sound right to me.

I was in Singapore about three weeks ago, and looked around DVD stores -
didn't buy many, because the prices weren't that much lower than UK. But I
noticed that most dvds of UK and US movies and TV shows were in very similar
packaging to the discs we buy from HMV or DVDSoon, etc - they weren't in
plastic sleeves in boxes, like the Ebay ones. Only the Chinese & Indian
movies and TV shows were packaged like that.

65 pounds is a good price for _genuine_ goods, (it's about half what you
could get them for from a UK supplier) but it's extortionate if they're
knock-offs..... I'd be inclined _not_ to take the chance, but to keep an eye
out for sales instead, and buy them over a few months...

paul

**The Joy Circuit** 12-25-2004 10:10 PM

Re: Thoughts on These Please

"Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:lw3zd.50310$ef5.36336@fe1.news.blueyonder.co. uk...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...yType=2#ebayph
otohosting

> Would like to get but nor sure
>
> dave

I had the asian edition of CSI Miami, from my point of view the discs
were copies of the Region one version converted and shrunk to R0.

The discs are single layer and the quality is acceptable.

The only downside is the slight stutter and the discs are in sleeves
so they can get damaged.

BTW, I sold that boxset, made a profit at the same time.

Choice is yours.

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD