Velocity Reviews

-   -   'the incredibles' release date? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t270985-the-incredibles-release-date.html)

Steve Mclaughlin 12-15-2004 03:46 AM

'the incredibles' release date?

I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?

M.B. 12-15-2004 03:58 AM

Re: 'the incredibles' release date?

Steve Mclaughlin wrote:
> I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?

Dude, it's STILL in the theaters! General rule of thumb is anywhere
from 3 to 6 months from the time a movie opens at the theater till the
time it hits DVD. Considering that this movie will probably play longer
than most in the first-run theaters, it will probably be sometime in May
before it's released. That is, unless they want to hold off releasing
it for the holidays next year, but I don't believe they did that with
Monsters, Inc., their last Holiday released film.

TCS 12-15-2004 05:07 AM

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:46:29 -0800, Steve Mclaughlin <swmclaughlin@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote:
>I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?

How do you know it's 2 discs? What is your source?

M.B. 12-15-2004 06:07 AM

TCS wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:46:29 -0800, Steve Mclaughlin <swmclaughlin@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote:
>
>>I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?

> How do you know it's 2 discs? What is your source?

The same source that told him there's been a date announced for the
release of it???

Derek Janssen 12-15-2004 07:21 AM

M.B. wrote:

> Steve Mclaughlin wrote:
>
>> I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?

> Dude, it's STILL in the theaters!

It's also Disney: March-April '05, TBA.
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...ediblesdvd.jpg

Derek Janssen (I repeat: It's Disney--How long did you think they'd wait?)
djanss@charter.net

Nonymous 12-15-2004 11:42 AM

"TCS" <The-Central-Scrutinizer@p.o.b.o.x.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:46:29 -0800, Steve Mclaughlin
> <swmclaughlin@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote:
>>I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?

> How do you know it's 2 discs?

It's a blockbuster Pixar movie. It's an easy guess.

Mark McGee 12-15-2004 01:39 PM

Re: 'the incredibles' release date?

It must be listed somewhere because my preorder list of DVDs has it with a
release date of March 15, 2005

TCS 12-15-2004 03:07 PM

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:42:43 -0500, Nonymous <noham@nospam.com> wrote:

>"TCS" <The-Central-Scrutinizer@p.o.b.o.x.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:46:29 -0800, Steve Mclaughlin
>> <swmclaughlin@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote:
>>>I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?

>> How do you know it's 2 discs?

>It's a blockbuster Pixar movie. It's an easy guess.

ah.. like bugs life? no wait a minute, that was one disc. collector's
edition was two discs but that doesn't come out first.

perhaps toy story? nope. one disc too.

you must mean finding nemo? ok. that was two discs.

TCS 12-15-2004 04:00 PM

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:19:01 -0800, Derek Janssen <djanss@nospam.charter.net> wrote:
>TCS wrote:

>> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:42:43 -0500, Nonymous <noham@nospam.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"TCS" <The-Central-Scrutinizer@p.o.b.o.x.com> wrote in message

>>>It's a blockbuster Pixar movie. It's an easy guess.

>> ah.. like bugs life? no wait a minute, that was one disc. collector's
>> edition was two discs but that doesn't come out first.
>>
>> perhaps toy story? nope. one disc too.
>>
>> you must mean finding nemo? ok. that was two discs.

>Okay, I get the idea--Nobody saw the graphic the first time.

>So, we post it again:
>http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...ediblesdvd.jpg

Is the collectors edition the only edition coming out? I thought it was usually
a later release?

Derek Janssen 12-15-2004 06:19 PM

TCS wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:42:43 -0500, Nonymous <noham@nospam.com> wrote:
>

>>"TCS" <The-Central-Scrutinizer@p.o.b.o.x.com> wrote in message

>>>How do you know it's 2 discs?

>>It's a blockbuster Pixar movie. It's an easy guess.

> ah.. like bugs life? no wait a minute, that was one disc. collector's
> edition was two discs but that doesn't come out first.
>
> perhaps toy story? nope. one disc too.
>
> you must mean finding nemo? ok. that was two discs.

Okay, I get the idea--Nobody saw the graphic the first time.

So, we post it again:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...ediblesdvd.jpg

Derek Janssen (the site was up, the link worked...Folks, I don't know
what happened)
djanss@charter.net