Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help With Newsgroup (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t270774-help-with-newsgroup.html)

Barbara 11-28-2004 08:49 PM

Help With Newsgroup

Hi,

I know I am in the wrong newsgroup, but I can't seem to find the right topic
when I do a search. Could someone please point me to the right newsgroup(s)?
And please, read what I need before you reply, thanks.

NEEDS/QUESTION:

I have several of the small Hi8 camcorder tapes filled with personal
footage. I want to ultimately, using my PC, get the footage onto DVD in good
quality.

Again, I'd appreciate all pointers to the right newsgroup(s).

Thank You. Babs

Biz 11-28-2004 11:01 PM

Re: Help With Newsgroup

www.videohelp.com
www.digitalfaq.com
www.doom9.org

Del March 11-28-2004 11:59 PM

Re: Help With Newsgroup

<< Again, I'd appreciate all pointers to the right newsgroup(s). >><BR><BR>
Not really a newsgroup, but go explore the forums at dvdrhelp.com What you
want to do is not a simple process, but dvdrhelp.com covers all the bases.

Sport 11-29-2004 04:45 PM

Re: Help With Newsgroup

"Barbara" <me@there.org> wrote in message

> Again, I'd appreciate all pointers to the right newsgroup(s).

You might try:

rec.video.desktop
rec.video.dvd.tech

or look through the whole rec.video.* lineup

David E. Bath 11-29-2004 06:02 PM

Re: Help With Newsgroup

In article <PvCdna4zO6xNpDfcRVn-3A@comcast.com>,
"Barbara" <me@there.org> writes:
> Hi,
>
> I know I am in the wrong newsgroup, but I can't seem to find the right topic
> when I do a search. Could someone please point me to the right newsgroup(s)?
> And please, read what I need before you reply, thanks.
>
> NEEDS/QUESTION:
>
> I have several of the small Hi8 camcorder tapes filled with personal
> footage. I want to ultimately, using my PC, get the footage onto DVD in good
> quality.
>
> Again, I'd appreciate all pointers to the right newsgroup(s).
>
> Thank You. Babs

This is discussed on rec.video quite often.