Velocity Reviews

-   -   Seinfeld master format questions? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t270744-seinfeld-master-format-questions.html)

Michael Rogers 11-26-2004 01:42 AM

Seinfeld master format questions?

I expected the episodes of Seinfeld to have the problems of all late
80's, early 90's shows have since they were most probabaly final
mastered to videotape instead of film.

They don't. The video is not reference quality mind you, but it's
certainly much better than I ever thought it would be taking into
consideration what I thought the master format was (broadcast
videotape).

The package said it was mastered to high definition. I wonder if they
actually went back to the film elements to do the mastering.

Does anyone have the info on that?

Mike

drsd2kill 11-26-2004 08:14 PM

Re: Seinfeld master format questions?

Indeed they did. It was a long and expensive process, but the episodes were
retransferred and edited from the raw film masters. Too bad they didn't do that
with FRIENDS, though eventually they probably will so it can be syndicated in
HD and be re-released on high definition DVD.

Michael Rogers 11-26-2004 09:17 PM

Re: Seinfeld master format questions?

yeah, and too bad they didn't do ti with Star Trek:The Next Generation
though it would've been much tougher to pull that off.

Best,
Mike

TonyAtRest 11-27-2004 06:56 AM

Re: Seinfeld master format questions?

>They don't. The video is not reference quality mind you, but it's
>certainly much better than I ever thought it would be taking into
>consideration what I thought the master format was (broadcast
>videotape).

Yeah it's great, except for the pilot.

tony

"I'm living in this movie, but it doesn't move me...."

Buzzcocks, 1976