Velocity Reviews

-   -   MGM Scorsese Set, 2 disc Raging Bull? DVDSoon (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t270543-mgm-scorsese-set-2-disc-raging-bull-dvdsoon.html)

Simon Howson 11-11-2004 02:11 AM

MGM Scorsese Set, 2 disc Raging Bull? DVDSoon

Hi,

DVDSoon have put the new MGM Scorsese collection on their page.
http://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-de...xml?uid=130118

However it does not list Raging Bull SE as being part of this set. Does
anyone know if the Candian version is going to omit Raging Bull? Or is this
just a mistake?

Currently it says there are 4 discs, shouldn't that be 4 FILMS and 5 discs?

I have contacted them by email, no reply so far. Has anyone else asked them
the same thing?

Simon Howson

Nath 11-11-2004 11:34 AM

Re: MGM Scorsese Set, 2 disc Raging Bull? DVDSoon

"Simon Howson" <simonhowson@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> DVDSoon have put the new MGM Scorsese collection on their page.
> http://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-de...xml?uid=130118
>
> However it does not list Raging Bull SE as being part of this set. Does
> anyone know if the Candian version is going to omit Raging Bull? Or is
> this
> just a mistake?
>
> Currently it says there are 4 discs, shouldn't that be 4 FILMS and 5
> discs?
>
> I have contacted them by email, no reply so far. Has anyone else asked
> them
> the same thing?
>
> Simon Howson

According to DVD Empire (American site), which have the full details of this
boxset- Raging Bull is not included. Buy Raging Bull separately. Did you
get it for $7 from DVD Soon? (as I did) :-D

Simon Howson 11-11-2004 02:30 PM

"Nath" <buggeroff@spam.com> wrote in message
news:41934eba$0$5750$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com. ..

> According to DVD Empire (American site), which have the full details of

this
> boxset- Raging Bull is not included. Buy Raging Bull separately. Did you
> get it for $7 from DVD Soon? (as I did) :-D

No I didn't manager to get Raging Bull SE at the cheap price. I actually
only need New York, New York and Raging Bull SE, I already have the other
two.

This site clearly shows the box as containing Raging Bull SE:
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=13125

I am worried that MAYBE The Canadian version that DVDSoon is going to get is
going to be different. Sometimes Canadian and US boxes differ slightly.

I guess I should place an order for New York, New York while it is still $7,
and then just cancel it if it works out cheaper getting the box later.
Assumign the box does contain Raging Bull & New York New York SE... Cos It
looks like it will be cheaper just getting the boxer rather than the others
individually considering I didn't get Raging Bull for $7.

Simon Howson

Gunther Gloop 11-11-2004 03:03 PM

Simon Howson wrote:

> I guess I should place an order for New York, New York while it is
> still $7, and then just cancel it if it works out cheaper getting the
> box later.

It might sound like a joke, but sometimes dvdsoon can ship things within
24hours so that might be a dodgy tactic. :^./

Marc 11-13-2004 02:09 PM

Re: MGM Scorsese Set, 2 disc Raging Bull? DVDSoon

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:30:09 GMT, "Simon Howson"
<simonhowson@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote:

>This site clearly shows the box as containing Raging Bull SE:
>http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=13125
>
>I am worried that MAYBE The Canadian version that DVDSoon is going to get is
>going to be different. Sometimes Canadian and US boxes differ slightly.

amazon.ca also lists it WITH Raging Bull:
http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00062IVL2/

The same at canadian dvdimport.com.

So I ordered now that insanely cheap DVDsoon box. (DVDsoon also has a
history in unreliable descriptions - I count on that ;-)

Simon Howson 11-13-2004 02:29 PM

"Marc" <emailusenet@snafu.de> wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:30:09 GMT, "Simon Howson"
> <simonhowson@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
> >This site clearly shows the box as containing Raging Bull SE:
> >http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=13125
> >
> >I am worried that MAYBE The Canadian version that DVDSoon is going to get

is
> >going to be different. Sometimes Canadian and US boxes differ slightly.

> amazon.ca also lists it WITH Raging Bull:
> http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00062IVL2/
>
> The same at canadian dvdimport.com.
>
> So I ordered now that insanely cheap DVDsoon box. (DVDsoon also has a
> history in unreliable descriptions - I count on that ;-)

Yeah I seem to recall that they left one film out of the description for the
Warner Hitchcock set, even though it had everything when it arrived.

If The DVDSoon box doesn't contain Raging Bull then it seems they somehow
managed to 'special' order it that way :-), because every other website says
it is in the box.

Simon Howson

robert gray 11-15-2004 01:24 PM

Re: MGM Scorsese Set, 2 disc Raging Bull? DVDSoon

Both dvdsoon and amazon say the set contains 4 dvds. And contents for
Raging Bull SE are identical. Sounds like the same box to me.

Marc 11-17-2004 02:21 PM

Re: MGM Scorsese Set, 2 disc Raging Bull? DVDSoon

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:11:38 GMT, "Simon Howson"
<simonhowson@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote:

>DVDSoon have put the new MGM Scorsese collection on their page.
>http://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-de...xml?uid=130118
>
>However it does not list Raging Bull SE as being part of this set. Does
>anyone know if the Candian version is going to omit Raging Bull? Or is this
>just a mistake?

FWIW: DVDsoon just fixed now their damn description. Added Raging Bull
and contains 5 discs.

So we can sleep well until February. :-)