Velocity Reviews

-   -   30" WS TV WITH HD tuner (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t270353-30-ws-tv-with-hd-tuner.html)

Invalid Address 10-28-2004 03:07 PM

30" WS TV WITH HD tuner

Walmart has a Sanyo 30" WS TV w/built-in HD tuner for $647..

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2601425

Anyone have any experience with this set?

Looking at the info in the manual in the store, it says is has normal,
full, zoom1 and zoom2 modes. Assuming "normal" is 4:3, what is "full"?
What does it do?

Thanks

No mail, please .. [no incoming mailbox]

Mark Spatny 10-31-2004 07:48 AM

Re: 30" WS TV WITH HD tuner

Invalid Address,Invalid_Address@webtv.net says...
> Walmart has a Sanyo 30" WS TV w/built-in HD tuner for $647..

That's a great deal.

> Looking at the info in the manual in the store, it says is has normal,
> full, zoom1 and zoom2 modes. Assuming "normal" is 4:3, what is "full"?
> What does it do?

I don't know about the Sanyo specifically, but typically the options
are: 4:3 pillar boxed with black bars on the sides, 16x9 widescreen, and
the two zooms. One will be a straight zoom so that letterboxed 4:3
material can be zoomed to fill the screen. The other is probably a
compromise, where it zooms a little bit, and also stretches the picture
a little bit so that you see more image than in the regular zoom, but
the people look a little distorted. Those are the options my Sony, and
some other TVs have.