Velocity Reviews

-   -   THE THING 16x9: Is there supposed to be a booklet? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t270343-the-thing-16x9-is-there-supposed-to-be-a-booklet.html)

BNE 10-28-2004 12:08 AM

THE THING 16x9: Is there supposed to be a booklet?

There's a pocket for one, but mine didn't have a booklet in it. Is there
one, or is this a weird packaging goof by Uni? And if there is one,
should I exchange my copy? I mean, am I missing anything jaw-droppingly
essential here?

Not wild about this digipak thing. Would rather have a keepcase any day.
But I'm glad the movie is anamorphic now anyway.

Douglas Bailey 10-28-2004 12:12 AM

Re: THE THING 16x9: Is there supposed to be a booklet?

BNE wrote:

> There's a pocket for one, but mine didn't have a booklet in it. Is there
> one, or is this a weird packaging goof by Uni?

It doesn't have a booklet: see Josh Zyber's reply in this thread...

<http://google.com/groups?threadm=Oi0dd.2190%24ta5.488%40newsread3.ne ws.atl.earthlink.net>

HTH,

doug

--
"Blame it on the satellite that beams me home..."
--Radiohead

fredman 10-28-2004 01:20 AM

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:08:52 GMT, BNE <notme@nospam.com> wrote:

>There's a pocket for one, but mine didn't have a booklet in it. Is there
>one, or is this a weird packaging goof by Uni? And if there is one,
>should I exchange my copy? I mean, am I missing anything jaw-droppingly
>essential here?
>
>Not wild about this digipak thing. Would rather have a keepcase any day.
>But I'm glad the movie is anamorphic now anyway.

I actually went to Dvdcompare on this (at someone's suggestion) and
the differences between versions are the new anamorphic transfer and
addition of a Spanish 5.1 track vs. non-anamorphic but with isolated
score track (accessed via one of the extras). Everything else is
shared on both versions, so it's the new transfer in a digipak vs. the
isolated score in an amaray. I also had the original, so I swapped
discs and kept the amaray case, but gave up the isolated score. No
sooner do we kill snappers than digipaks appear. Damnation!

Ed Kim 10-28-2004 02:35 PM

BNE wrote:
> There's a pocket for one, but mine didn't have a booklet in it. Is

there
> one, or is this a weird packaging goof by Uni? And if there is one,
> should I exchange my copy? I mean, am I missing anything

jaw-droppingly
> essential here?
>
> Not wild about this digipak thing. Would rather have a keepcase any

day.
> But I'm glad the movie is anamorphic now anyway.

Does this dvd have forced trailers?

wondering...

-goro-

Black Locust 10-28-2004 10:16 PM

Re: THE THING 16x9: Is there supposed to be a booklet?

In article <1098974101.548065.262190@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups .com>,
"Ed Kim" <evilninjax@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does this dvd have forced trailers?
>
> wondering...

No. Amazingly, Universal has done away with all forced trailers on their
more recent releases.

What's even more amazing about it is there hasn't been so much as a peep
about it in this group. That's a little strange when you take into
account that just 8 months ago, 4 out of every 10 posts here was about
Universal's forced trailers.

> -goro-

and neither do we." - George Dubya Bush

Vote Kerry 2004

Ed Kim 10-29-2004 04:44 PM

Black Locust wrote:
> In article <1098974101.548065.262190@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups .com>,
> "Ed Kim" <evilninjax@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does this dvd have forced trailers?
> >
> > wondering...

> No. Amazingly, Universal has done away with all forced trailers on

their
> more recent releases.
>
> What's even more amazing about it is there hasn't been so much as a

peep
> about it in this group. That's a little strange when you take into
> account that just 8 months ago, 4 out of every 10 posts here was

about
> Universal's forced trailers.

this is EXCELLENT NEWS!!!! i was on the Universal boycott, so i had
alrady decided to not buy the THING SE, but if the forced trailers are
gone, Uni's back in the game, babeeee!!!

-goro-

Ed Kim 10-29-2004 04:44 PM

Black Locust wrote:
> In article <1098974101.548065.262190@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups .com>,
> "Ed Kim" <evilninjax@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does this dvd have forced trailers?
> >
> > wondering...

> No. Amazingly, Universal has done away with all forced trailers on

their
> more recent releases.
>
> What's even more amazing about it is there hasn't been so much as a

peep
> about it in this group. That's a little strange when you take into
> account that just 8 months ago, 4 out of every 10 posts here was

about
> Universal's forced trailers.
>
> > -goro-

> --
> "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.
> They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our

people,