Velocity Reviews

-   -   Great movies (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t270307-great-movies.html)

Larry 10-25-2004 12:14 PM

Great movies

I have followed this news group for several years and I'm
trying to figure out what happened here.

So many GREAT MOVIES have been released to DvD over the
last year, and SELDOM if ever are they discussed in this
group.

Can we PLEASE get back too talking about movies and move
away from "ripping", "copying", and burning, as well as
politics????

If you think an intenational newsgroup about DvD is the
place to discuss the (US) election, you are probably part
of whats wrong with the US.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

Brian The Demolition Man Little 10-25-2004 01:40 PM

Re: Great movies

Larry wrote:
> I have followed this news group for several years and I'm
> trying to figure out what happened here.
>
> So many GREAT MOVIES have been released to DvD over the
> last year, and SELDOM if ever are they discussed in this
> group.
>
> Can we PLEASE get back too talking about movies and move
> away from "ripping", "copying", and burning, as well as
> politics????
>
> If you think an intenational newsgroup about DvD is the
> place to discuss the (US) election, you are probably part
> of whats wrong with the US.

While I agree with you Larry, instead of complaining why not
make a post or two or ten on these great movies you are
refering to. Perhaps that will get the ball rolling if you
know what I mean.

Brian The Demolition Man Little

DVDfanatico 10-25-2004 03:54 PM

Re: Great movies

Dear Larry,

I've followed this group off and on and I too have noticed that there seems to
be less posts about laserdiscs, NewLine commentaries, release prospects,
speakers and movies and more talk about storage, regions, and HDDVD and Mystic
Pizza

Well, those topics of entertainment are valid too. Hopefully Norm Wilner will
return sometime in the future.

God bless
-DVDfanatico

Tom Cantwell 10-25-2004 04:50 PM

Re: Great movies

Larry <lastingimagery@comcast.dotnet> wrote in
news:MPG.1be6b801d59d96bf989770@news.comcast.gigan ews.com:

> I have followed this news group for several years and I'm
> trying to figure out what happened here.
>
> So many GREAT MOVIES have been released to DvD over the
> last year, and SELDOM if ever are they discussed in this
> group.
>---

rec.video.dvd.titles

Bob H 10-26-2004 07:17 PM

Re: Great movies

Tom Cantwell wrote:

> Larry <lastingimagery@comcast.dotnet> wrote in
> news:MPG.1be6b801d59d96bf989770@news.comcast.gigan ews.com:
>

>>I have followed this news group for several years and I'm
>>trying to figure out what happened here.
>>
>>So many GREAT MOVIES have been released to DvD over the
>>last year, and SELDOM if ever are they discussed in this
>>group.
>>---

> rec.video.dvd.titles

so where can we talk about the US election :-)

--
Bob H
Leeds UK

Biz 10-26-2004 08:02 PM

Re: Great movies

Serial # 19781010 10-27-2004 09:45 AM

Re: Great movies

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:14:06 -0400, Larry
<lastingimagery@comcast.dotnet> wrote:

>I have followed this news group for several years and I'm
>trying to figure out what happened here.
>
>So many GREAT MOVIES have been released to DvD over the
>last year, and SELDOM if ever are they discussed in this
>group.
>
>Can we PLEASE get back too talking about movies and move
>away from "ripping", "copying", and burning, as well as
>politics????
>
>If you think an intenational newsgroup about DvD is the
>place to discuss the (US) election, you are probably part
>of whats wrong with the US.

Actually I think you got it backwards this group is called
alt.VIDEO.dvd

video (vide o)
adj.
1 of or used in television
2 designating or of the picture portion of a telecast, as
distinguished from the audio (or sound) portion
3 designating or of the display of data on a computer video
screen

This is essentially a technical group not a art group.

try these:
rec.arts.movies.current-films
rec.arts.movies.international
rec.arts.movies.past-films
rec.arts.sf.movies
rec.arts.movies.current-films,
rec.arts.movies.misc,
rec.arts.movies.production
rec.arts.movies.reviews

Bob H 10-27-2004 05:01 PM

Re: Great movies

Biz wrote:
> "Bob H" <bobg4uyi@despammer.com> wrote in message
>
>>so where can we talk about the US election :-)
>>
>>--
>>Bob H
>>Leeds UK

Errr, thanks, but no thanks, I was only joking.

--
Bob H
Leeds UK

Biz 10-27-2004 07:21 PM

Re: Great movies

> Biz wrote:
> > "Bob H" <bobg4uyi@despammer.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>so where can we talk about the US election :-)
> >>
> >>--
> >>Bob H
> >>Leeds UK

plenty....

> Errr, thanks, but no thanks, I was only joking.
>
> --
> Bob H
> Leeds UK

The problem is you just planted an idea in someone's pea brain that read
this NG. We have enough OT crap to fill a giant dump truck, they dont need
any more fodder for thought.