Velocity Reviews

-   -   ghost in the shell vol.2 dvd problem.. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t270295-ghost-in-the-shell-vol-2-dvd-problem.html)

J.S. 10-24-2004 04:10 AM

ghost in the shell vol.2 dvd problem..

Anyone get the regular edition of the ghost in the shell tv series region 1
dvd but get the dts version instead of the DD version? Case was normal,
label just shows "vol. 2" but in the player I only get the dts sound
versions and no extras/interviews etc..

J.S.

Joshua Zyber 10-24-2004 04:43 AM

Re: ghost in the shell vol.2 dvd problem..

"J.S." <pythonadder@YourClotheSrocketmail.com> wrote in message
> Anyone get the regular edition of the ghost in the shell tv series
> region 1
> dvd but get the dts version instead of the DD version? Case was
> normal,
> label just shows "vol. 2" but in the player I only get the dts sound
> versions and no extras/interviews etc..

Yes, the first batch of discs had a pressing error. The Dolby Digital
discs got the content from the DTS edition instead, and in the 2-disc SE
the labelling is switched (DD disc says DTS and vice versa). Manga had
the Dolby Digital single discs re-pressed, and most retailers got the
corrected copies. Apparently you got one of the early batches.

If you really want the DD disc, I'll be glad to trade with you. I bought
the single disc hoping to get the "wrong" DTS disc inside, but sadly
wound up with a corrected copy.

Viktor Davros 10-28-2004 03:08 PM

"Joshua Zyber" <jzyber@SPAMMERS-BITE-ME.mindspring.com> wrote in message news:<LpGed.6057$5i5.285@newsread2.news.atl.earthl ink.net>...

> Yes, the first batch of discs had a pressing error. The Dolby Digital
> discs got the content from the DTS edition instead, and in the 2-disc SE
> the labelling is switched (DD disc says DTS and vice versa). Manga had
> the Dolby Digital single discs re-pressed, and most retailers got the
> corrected copies. Apparently you got one of the early batches.

Wow, it looks like I got lucky as well. It was a pleasant surprise
when I saw the DTS track come up.