Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Star Trek is set in the same universe as (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t270261-re-star-trek-is-set-in-the-same-universe-as.html)

Brad Filippone 10-21-2004 04:53 PM

Re: Star Trek is set in the same universe as

Kweeg (kweeg@nospam.shaw.ca) wrote:
: "Bo Raxo" <invasions_r_us@thepentagon.removethis.com> wrote in message
: news:%6Mdd.3069$%h1.1104@newsread3.news.pas.earthl ink.net...
: >
: > "Bill Binder" <whbinder@whbinder.com> wrote in message
: > news:Hvbdd.55902$kz3.49394@fed1read02...
: > > He actually refferred to him as James Doohan, star of Star Treks I-X.
: > > which negates Trek and Knight Rider in the same universe.
: > >
: > > Bill
: >
: > Why couldn't Trek exist in a universe in which there was a t.v. show that
: > accurately predicted the rise of the Federation (and a whole lotta other
: > things) centuries later?
: >
: > I recall a fanfic story in a book waaayyyy back in the 70s (cue disco
: music)
: > with that very premise. A transporter accident sent the actors to the
: > Enterprise, and sent the "real" Kirk, Spock, etc. on to the sets at
: Desilu.
: > It was (to my then-teenage mind) quite clever and highly entertaining.
: >
: I believe it was called 'Visit to a Strange Planet,' the one I read was
: 'Visit to a Strange Planet Revisited' where Shatner and Nimoy were beamed
: aboard the 'real' Enterprise. Must have been in Trek magazine 'cause I read
: that one in The Best of Trek (volume unknown) Larfed me bum off.......

Actually, it was in "The new Voyages" a paperback collection of fan
fiction published back in the 1970's.

Brad