Velocity Reviews

-   -   Ma and Pa Kettle question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t270054-ma-and-pa-kettle-question.html)

Dyuob Poltice 10-05-2004 03:46 PM

Ma and Pa Kettle question

On the Franchise collection, have they replaced the beginnings on all
the movies?

jayembee 10-05-2004 07:58 PM

Re: Ma and Pa Kettle question

Dyuob Poltice <dyuob@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On the Franchise collection, have they replaced the beginnings on all
> the movies?

Not that I can tell. Why do you ask?

-- jayembee

Dyuob Poltice 10-06-2004 04:08 AM

Re: Ma and Pa Kettle question

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:58:44 GMT, jayembee
<jayembeenospam@snurcher.com> wrote:

>Dyuob Poltice <dyuob@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On the Franchise collection, have they replaced the beginnings on all
>> the movies?

>Not that I can tell. Why do you ask?
>
>-- jayembee

They use the same music on all the films, and if you listen to
"Furthur adventures", there's a glissando played by a harp that gets
truncated as they go into the film proper, i.e., very bad editing.

jayembee 10-06-2004 05:01 AM

Re: Ma and Pa Kettle question

Dyuob Poltice <dyuob@yahoo.com> wrote:

> jayembee <jayembeenospam@snurcher.com> wrote:
>
>> Dyuob Poltice <dyuob@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On the Franchise collection, have they replaced the beginnings on all
>>> the movies?

>> Not that I can tell. Why do you ask?

> They use the same music on all the films,

Not uncommon for series films of that era.

> and if you listen to "Furthur adventures", there's a glissando played by a
> harp that gets truncated as they go into the film proper, i.e., very bad editing.

Could just be the condition of the source elements. I've seen any
number of vintage films where the titles music will cut off at the end
of the titles, rather than naturally end or segue into the film.

-- jayembee

Jim Hollis 10-06-2004 02:24 PM

Re: Ma and Pa Kettle question

First film was later retitled "The Further Adventures of-" from "Ma and Pa
Kettle".

jayembee 10-06-2004 10:13 PM

Re: Ma and Pa Kettle question

"Jim Hollis" <jimhollis612@charter.net> wrote:

> First film was later retitled "The Further Adventures of-"
> from "Ma and Pa Kettle".

Except that the print used in the collection has the original
title (though the menus, all of the printed matter on the
packaging, and all press materials refer to it by the retitle).

-- jayembee