Velocity Reviews

-   -   The Pirates of Silicon Valley (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t270037-the-pirates-of-silicon-valley.html)

Aaron J. Bossig 10-04-2004 02:20 AM

The Pirates of Silicon Valley

Hi all.

It's a shame that TPOSV was made when DVD was still a young
format, and never got considered for a disc release. It's
pretty well done, and I'd sure pick it up if it were.

Any chance someone might revisit the title?

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.dvdverdict.com

Eric R. 10-04-2004 01:02 PM

Re: The Pirates of Silicon Valley

"Aaron J. Bossig" <linkvb06@spammersWillBeExecuted.ptd.net> wrote in message news:<hGWdnXYam-XALv3cUSdV9g@ptd.net>...
> Hi all.
>
> It's a shame that TPOSV was made when DVD was still a young
> format, and never got considered for a disc release. It's
> pretty well done, and I'd sure pick it up if it were.

I'd second that. It was melodramatic and just plain silly in parts,
but it was an interesting story nonetheless. I think the story would
actually been worthy of a more skilled director and a theatrical
release.

-Eric

Vlvetmorning98 10-05-2004 12:38 AM

Re: The Pirates of Silicon Valley

>I'd second that. It was melodramatic and just plain silly in parts,
>but it was an interesting story nonetheless. I think the story would
>actually been worthy of a more skilled director and a theatrical
>release.
>
>-Eric

It was definitely entertaining. The first thing that popped into my head when I
saw this post was Tears for Fears' "Everybody Wants to Rule the World".

I remember that Gates gave an interview shortly after it aired saying "that
actor playing me doesn't look anything like me". LOL

Eric R. 10-06-2004 01:05 PM

vlvetmorning98@aol.com (Vlvetmorning98) wrote in message news:<20041004203821.23728.00001443@mb-m12.aol.com>...

> I remember that Gates gave an interview shortly after it aired saying "that
> actor playing me doesn't look anything like me". LOL

He should be so lucky.

-Eric

P.S. Okay, well he *is* very lucky, just not in that way. Not that
women have ever looked at anything above his wallet anyway.

Richard Ragon 10-11-2004 10:24 PM

Eric R. wrote:
> vlvetmorning98@aol.com (Vlvetmorning98) wrote in message news:<20041004203821.23728.00001443@mb-m12.aol.com>...
>

>>I remember that Gates gave an interview shortly after it aired saying "that
>>actor playing me doesn't look anything like me". LOL

> He should be so lucky.
>
> -Eric
>
> P.S. Okay, well he *is* very lucky, just not in that way. Not that
> women have ever looked at anything above his wallet anyway.

Just a side note here.. I was attending a video game seminar in San
Jose, and Steve Wozniak was there speaking. Someone in the audience
asked him about that movie and how accurate it was, and amazingly he
said that it was very well done, everyone was very well portrayed, and
despite the hollywood spin on it, it was somewhat accurate.

-Richard