Velocity Reviews

-   -   VHS to DVD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t269981-vhs-to-dvd.html)

skip 09-30-2004 12:09 AM

VHS to DVD

Hi, I am looking for a program that will allow me to copy my VHS tapes
to my DVD. We have a lot of family tapes we want to put on the DVD
witout a lot of hassels.

Thanks for the time.

Dan (Still going in circles)

Darrel Christenson 09-30-2004 01:19 AM

Re: VHS to DVD

skip wrote:

> Hi, I am looking for a program that will allow me to copy my VHS tapes
> to my DVD. We have a lot of family tapes we want to put on the DVD
> witout a lot of hassels.

It's called a home recorder - push Play on your vcr, Record
on the recorder, Stop on both when done and finalize the disc.

drc :)

Merlin 09-30-2004 04:00 AM

Re: VHS to DVD

skip wrote:

> Hi, I am looking for a program that will allow me to copy my VHS tapes
> to my DVD. We have a lot of family tapes we want to put on the DVD
> witout a lot of hassels.
>
> Thanks for the time.
>
> Dan (Still going in circles)

Assuming you want to tranfer these tapes to you computer and then burn
to dvd with your dvd burner you will need a means of connecting your vcr
to the computer and a capture program to handle the capture. If you do
not already have a video capture card or a an external device then I
would recommend DVD Express. I got mine at Walmart for about $78US and
have had great results with it. Plus it comes with Ulead's Video Studio
and DVD Movie Factory software. You can also record tv shows to your
computer wih it by using your vcr's tuner. And if you have a camcorder
you can xfer home movies.

Here's a link for more imformation about DVD Epress

http://www.adstech.com/products/USBA...p?pid=USBAV701

tsgoh 09-30-2004 02:28 PM

Re: VHS to DVD

Hi Merlin,
Can copyright VHS tapes be copied using
this way to do it?

Best Regards

Merlin 10-01-2004 03:33 AM

Re: VHS to DVD

tsgoh wrote:

> Hi Merlin,
> Can copyright VHS tapes be copied using
> this way to do it?
>
> Best Regards

I've only copied a few of vhs tapes with it. They were all copyrighted,
whether or not they were copy protected in some way I'm not sure.