Velocity Reviews

-   -   Jacques Tati Playtime (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t269974-jacques-tati-playtime.html)

John S. 09-29-2004 03:48 PM

Jacques Tati Playtime

After having seen Mon Oncle for the third time, I'm now looking for
the DVD of Playtime. The Criterion version is out of production and
used copies seem to fetch premium prices. I've seen several
non-Criterion DVD's for sale on Ebay. Most of them seem to be from
Brazil with optional subtitles and no dubbing.

Are these legitimate? How is the picture quality, audio, etc.

Thanks in advance.

drsd2kill 09-30-2004 02:50 AM

Re: Jacques Tati Playtime

I believe all of the Tati films are being reissued by Criterion with improved
transfers soon.

John S. 09-30-2004 05:13 PM

Re: Jacques Tati Playtime

That's good news. I saw an earlier email indicating that. However
the Criterion website has nothing on a re-release.