Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can DVDs region "0" be played on DVD Player region "1"? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t269823-can-dvds-region-0-be-played-on-dvd-player-region-1-a.html)

EJG 09-19-2004 08:59 PM

Can DVDs region "0" be played on DVD Player region "1"?

I was wondering if DVDs that state they are region "0" can be played on a
DVD Player that plays region "1". Sellers of DVDs indicate that "0" can be
played by any Player. Can anyone comment on this
Thanks

James Mourby 09-19-2004 11:02 PM

Re: Can DVDs region "0" be played on DVD Player region "1"?

"EJG" <ejg.net@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I was wondering if DVDs that state they are region "0" can be played on a
> DVD Player that plays region "1". Sellers of DVDs indicate that "0" can
> be
> played by any Player. Can anyone comment on this
> Thanks

Region "0" is region-free and can be played by all regional settings.

jayembee 09-19-2004 11:38 PM

Re: Can DVDs region "0" be played on DVD Player region "1"?

"EJG" <ejg.net@verizon.net> wrote:

> I was wondering if DVDs that state they are region "0" can be played on a
> DVD Player that plays region "1".

Yes, they can.

> Sellers of DVDs indicate that "0" can be played by any Player. Can anyone
> comment on this

Technically speaking, there is no "Region 0". It's a term used by the
industry to indicate DVDs that are coded to play in all regions.

-- jayembee

Biz 09-20-2004 03:45 AM

Re: Can DVDs region "0" be played on DVD Player region "1"?

"EJG" <ejg.net@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I was wondering if DVDs that state they are region "0" can be played on a
> DVD Player that plays region "1". Sellers of DVDs indicate that "0" can

be
> played by any Player. Can anyone comment on this
> Thanks

As long as your equipment can cope with NTSC/PAL issue if necessary, then
yes, region "0", which is really all regions is playable in all players. In
NA, you need special displays to deal with PAL though, Europe and Australia
tend to have equipemtn that can deal with NTSC and PAL, but NA is purely
NTSC unless you buy special equipment to handle the conversion to NTSC on
the fly.

EJG 09-20-2004 05:20 AM

Re: Can DVDs region "0" be played on DVD Player region "1"?

Thanks to all