Velocity Reviews

-   -   Video_TS meaning (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t269738-video_ts-meaning.html)

luminos 09-13-2004 08:14 PM

Video_TS meaning

What does the acronym TS mean in Video_TS?

I used to know this, but it escapes me now.....

Douglas Bailey 09-13-2004 10:19 PM

Re: Video_TS meaning

luminos wrote:
> What does the acronym TS mean in Video_TS?

Title Set, according to the DVD Benchmark article on Home Theater High
Fidelity
<http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_4/dvd-benchmark-part-3-functionality-10-2000.html>.

HTH,

doug

--
"Something burst, just out of reach..."
--Wire

joe 09-13-2004 11:44 PM

Re: Video_TS meaning

It means....................dummy....

Robin Banks 09-14-2004 03:15 AM

Re: Video_TS meaning

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:44:50 -0400, "joe" <rocknroll2001@comcast.net> wrote:

> It means....................dummy....

Ah, so it's like "rocknroll2001@comcast.net" means moron, right?

~~R.Banks

Robin Banks 09-14-2004 03:15 AM

Re: Video_TS meaning

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:14:17 -0700, "luminos" <logos1@trip.net> wrote:

> What does the acronym TS mean in Video_TS?
>
> I used to know this, but it escapes me now.....

I thought it meant "Title Set". Is that right?

~~R.Banks

luminos 09-14-2004 03:40 AM

Re: Video_TS meaning

I have been so informed.....thanks.

nKr|pt0r 11-26-2007 06:08 AM

Oh? I thought it meant <"Tramnsmitting Signal"...
My bad. I HOPE you are correct with Title Set, because it also sounds good
; )
I do not have a reference to my suggetstion, but...
Editing Video for 15 years, I have always considered it to mean Transmitting signal, and just bit for the computer to byte.

"Controversy equalizes fools and wise men - and the fools know it."