Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVD Verdict reviews: THE APPLE, BEST OF THE IMPROV, and more! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t269690-dvd-verdict-reviews-the-apple-best-of-the-improv-and-more.html)

DVD Verdict 09-10-2004 09:06 AM

DVD Verdict reviews: THE APPLE, BEST OF THE IMPROV, and more!

Today, DVD Verdict posted reviews of THE APPLE, BEST OF THE IMPROV, THE
BONESETTER, CHASTITY, and NO SMALL AFFAIR:

THE APPLE (reviewed by Bill Gibron, overall score 40/100):
"Did you ever wonder what the world would be like if God were a white-leisure-suit-
wearing tycoon type who drove his solid gold Rolls down from Heaven to
transport a commune of hippies over to a brand new planet? Or if Satan
were a fey music mogul who resembled Udo Kier's interpretation of the
role of Carmen Ghia from The Producers?"

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/theapple.php

BEST OF THE IMPROV (reviewed by Elizabeth Skipper, overall score
35/100):
"They say comedy is perishable, which would explain why I'm still
waiting to laugh at Best of the Improv, a compilation of six 'best-of'
clip shows from A&E's An Evening at the Improv, which aired from 1982
through 1996. Because as far as I can tell, the comedy routines included
in this six-disc set are all from the '80s...and all long past their
expiration dates."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/bestimprov.php

THE BONESETTER (reviewed by David Johnson, overall score 65/100):
"I'll give Brett Kelly his due. For zero bucks, he put together a short
film (72 minutes including credits) with okay pacing and actors --
though hamstrung by a lack of ability -- that take the movie seriously.
The story is no worse than normal creature fare, and he managed to tack
on a decent little twist ending."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/bonesetter.php

CHASTITY (reviewed by Brett Cullum, overall score 57/100):
"Chastity is lugubrious, ill-conceived camp. It's so bad it's funny at
points. Still, I can't recommend it in good conscience, but I know some
Cher fans out there will hurt me if I trash it any more -- or worse,
drag me to yet another stop in her neverending farewell tour."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/chastity.php

NO SMALL AFFAIR (reviewed by Lacey Worrell, overall score 33/100):
"I loved all the big frosted hair, sparkly bangle bracelets, and belted
satin shirts that defined the '80s. Is it any wonder that 21st-century
fashion feels kind of boring in comparison? No Small Affair gets the
look of the '80s just right. Now if only we could do something about
the plot."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/nosmallaffair.php

Mike Jackson
Editor & Webmaster, DVD Verdict