Velocity Reviews

-   -   "No Disc" message :( (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t269405-no-disc-message.html)

Veronique De Kock 08-21-2004 01:11 PM

"No Disc" message :(

I have a Panasonic DVD-A350E and every time when I insert a DVD disc it shows "No Disc" and "This type of disc cannot be
played."

I only get this message with DVD discs, there is no problem at all when I insert an Audio CD.

It's an older player, but not that frequently used really.

Is laser unit worn out? (coz it still reads Audio CD).

All tips are welcome.

regards,
Veronique

Charles Douglas 08-21-2004 02:09 PM

Re: "No Disc" message :(

Just trash the thing. Buy a new a Sony that'll
play production DVDs as well as DVD+/-R
homemades. Cost you like $70 at Best Buy.

Dale Hicks 08-21-2004 05:36 PM

Re: "No Disc" message :(

In article <b5iei0tfflvf3o92l04gep3448gbd147k2@4ax.com>,
veroniquedk_nospam_@freegates.be says...
> I have a Panasonic DVD-A350E and every time when I insert a DVD disc it shows "No Disc" and "This type of disc cannot be
> played."
>
> I only get this message with DVD discs, there is no problem at all when I insert an Audio CD.
>
> It's an older player, but not that frequently used really.
>
> Is laser unit worn out? (coz it still reads Audio CD).
>
> All tips are welcome.

It's a Panasonic. Abort. I grabbed an A-310 based on the ravings here
several years ago, and it served me pretty well, but it ended up dying
after about four years. I really loved the remote, so I grabbed another
Panasonic as the replacement (though they've changed remotes, the older
more intuitive one still works).

I finally got a second unit for the bedroom, and that Panasonic player
died within a year. Rather than face the hassle of repair, I gave up
and bought a Sony.

I don't think I'll ever buy Panasonic again.

--
Cranial Crusader dgh 1138 at bell south point net

Murder 08-21-2004 11:43 PM

Re: "No Disc" message :(

Dale Hicks <dgh1138@yahoo.com> wrote in

> In article <b5iei0tfflvf3o92l04gep3448gbd147k2@4ax.com>,
> veroniquedk_nospam_@freegates.be says...
>> I have a Panasonic DVD-A350E and every time when I insert a DVD disc
>> it shows "No Disc" and "This type of disc cannot be played."
>>
>> I only get this message with DVD discs, there is no problem at all
>> when I insert an Audio CD.
>>
>> It's an older player, but not that frequently used really.
>>
>> Is laser unit worn out? (coz it still reads Audio CD).
>>
>> All tips are welcome.

> It's a Panasonic. Abort. I grabbed an A-310 based on the ravings
> here several years ago, and it served me pretty well, but it ended up
> dying after about four years. I really loved the remote, so I grabbed
> another Panasonic as the replacement (though they've changed remotes,
> the older more intuitive one still works).
>
> I finally got a second unit for the bedroom, and that Panasonic player
> died within a year. Rather than face the hassle of repair, I gave up
> and bought a Sony.
>
> I don't think I'll ever buy Panasonic again.

My first one was a Panasonic, too. And it died after less than three
years. It just refuses to play dual-layer DVD's. My second player was a
Toshiba. Didn't last as long as the Panasonic. Now I have a Sony, but I
haven't had it much more than a year (though it's still working fine). I
was a bit disappointed with the Sony remote compared to the Toshiba, but
I would hesitate to buy Toshiba or Panasonic again. Last time I griped
about this, some Crackpot here was insisting that Panasonic and Toshiba
were top of the line, and it's the Sonys that aren't worth a damn. The
truth is, I probably just wear the damn things out.

--
"There is no more foul or relentless enemy of man in the occult world
than this dead-alive creature spewed up from the grave..."