Velocity Reviews

-   -   Annoyed about DVD changes from original movie: Conan the Barbarian (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t269399-annoyed-about-dvd-changes-from-original-movie-conan-the-barbarian.html)

Wheresthebabes 08-21-2004 06:51 AM

Annoyed about DVD changes from original movie: Conan the Barbarian

I was shocked after purchasing the set of Conan the Barbarian and
Conan the Destoryer dual set. They changed the friggern movie!

Now Arnold has several scenes which were not in the original movie and
which, consequently, blows chunks. e.g. before the climatic fight
scene at the end, he has a little conversation about picking wild
blueberries with his father. Right.

I have an LD of the original and not only was the original movie
better, the production values of the LD were far superior to this POS.

If they want to call something a "directors cut" that's fine, I just
won't buy it, but it says nothing of the kind. This is just a rip off.

CW 08-21-2004 08:13 AM

Re: Annoyed about DVD changes from original movie: Conan the Barbarian

The dvd contains the international theatrical version, rather than the
studio edited US theatrical version. I think that the only addition was that
stupid blueberry scene.

Nonymous 08-21-2004 12:59 PM

Re: Annoyed about DVD changes from original movie: Conan the Barbarian

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082198/alternateversions