Velocity Reviews

-   -   How Do People In Uruguay Connect DVD Players? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t269361-how-do-people-in-uruguay-connect-dvd-players.html)

Jean-Marie Vaneskahian 08-18-2004 06:52 PM

How Do People In Uruguay Connect DVD Players?

I want to burn "DVD-R" home movies and send them to my relatives in
Montevideo Uruguay. Here are a few questions I have about how DVD
Players work in Uruguay:

I know Uruguay uses PAL-N and 220 Volts.

1. Does the TV in Uruguay have to have RCA connectors for composite
video and audio?
2. What happens if the TV set in Uruguay does NOT have RCA connectors?
Is there the equivalent of an RF modulator that broadcasts on channel
3 like there is here in the United States? What type of connector
does it use?
3. Do I need to encode my home "DVD-R" movies in PAL? (easy to do with
the computer)

I can send them a region free DVD player from the United States that
will play both PAL and NTSC and all the regions as well as plays back
"DVD-R". My question is how will they connect it to their TV set?

Again the only to connection types I really know of are the RCA
connectors for video and audio and the 75 Ohm Coaxial F-Connector
modulated signals. Can a DVD player in Uruguay be used if the TV does
NOT have the RCA connectors?

Thanks for any help,
Jean-Marie Vaneskahian
jean@vaneskahian.com

Biz 08-18-2004 07:40 PM

Re: How Do People In Uruguay Connect DVD Players?

"Jean-Marie Vaneskahian" <jean@vaneskahian.com> wrote in message
news:d8760c10.0408181052.336b29f0@posting.google.c om...
> I want to burn "DVD-R" home movies and send them to my relatives in
> Montevideo Uruguay. Here are a few questions I have about how DVD
> Players work in Uruguay:
>
> I know Uruguay uses PAL-N and 220 Volts.
>
> 1. Does the TV in Uruguay have to have RCA connectors for composite
> video and audio?
> 2. What happens if the TV set in Uruguay does NOT have RCA connectors?
> Is there the equivalent of an RF modulator that broadcasts on channel
> 3 like there is here in the United States? What type of connector
> does it use?
> 3. Do I need to encode my home "DVD-R" movies in PAL? (easy to do with
> the computer)
>
> I can send them a region free DVD player from the United States that
> will play both PAL and NTSC and all the regions as well as plays back
> "DVD-R". My question is how will they connect it to their TV set?
>
> Again the only to connection types I really know of are the RCA
> connectors for video and audio and the 75 Ohm Coaxial F-Connector
> modulated signals. Can a DVD player in Uruguay be used if the TV does
> NOT have the RCA connectors?

The question I cannot help asking is why dont you ask your Uruguayan
relatives, since they are the ones you will be sending the stuff to?

Jean-Marie Vaneskahian 08-19-2004 01:24 AM

Re: How Do People In Uruguay Connect DVD Players?

Biz you ask a valid question. This is going to be a surprise for them
when I go visit. I wanted to cover my bases before I got there in
late October. I am just not sure if they have a TV with Both RF and
AV RCA inputs or just RF. If it is just RF do they then need a
special PAL modulator?