Velocity Reviews

-   -   Superman DVDs (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t269341-superman-dvds.html)

cal 08-17-2004 06:09 AM

Superman DVDs

I recently came across a source that was selling The Adventures of
Superman, the ones with George Reeves. The place was out of Canada and
I wondered if anyone knew about this and had bought the set, the
entire 6 seasons worth.

If true, it is for sure they are bootlegged copies!

But I was just interested to know.

Anyone?

cal

Bernie Woodham 08-17-2004 08:07 PM

Re: Superman DVDs

I gottem. Station Logos. Poorly produced.

There is supposed to be an official release within the next year.

I'd wait if I were you.

news:3b6ac79d.0408162209.55caa9e9@posting.google.c om...

cal 08-18-2004 08:56 AM

Re: Superman DVDs

Thanks, Bernie. I will. However, is the word you have really official?
I haven't seen nor read of anything anywhere. Can you direct me to the
place where you found your information?

Thanks again!

cal

jayembee 08-18-2004 07:26 PM

Re: Superman DVDs

projbloom@hotmail.com (cal) wrote:

> "Bernie Woodham" <birnhamwood@insightbb.com> wrote:
>
>> There is supposed to be an official release within the next year.

> Thanks, Bernie. I will. However, is the word you have really
> official? I haven't seen nor read of anything anywhere. Can
> you direct me to the place where you found your information?

There is nothing concrete yet, but the latest information I've
seen can be found here:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1122

It seems clear that Warner wants to release DVDs of the series.
The only real question is when. And that depends on how much
restoration work needs to be done on the source elements, as
well as when the most advantageous time to market them will
be. If Warner gets off its butt about actually doing another
theatrical film, the series DVDs would be a good tie-in.

-- jayembee