Velocity Reviews

-   -   wireless printing modem access (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t26913-wireless-printing-modem-access.html)

=?Utf-8?B?aw==?= 01-11-2006 09:28 PM

wireless printing modem access

I tried to configure a ms network to utilize my printer on my host computer
which has my DSL connection. This really screwed up my wireless access on
the laptop.
I have bridges that they say deleting will fix my issue so I can go back to
a wireless TCP/IP connection on my lap top. I can't delete these bridges and
don't have a access to the web via my laptop either. I have a actiontec modem
that works fine on my host computer. My laptop now does not have a connection
to the web.
Open for ideas.
thanks

Doug Sherman [MVP] 01-11-2006 10:24 PM

Re: wireless printing modem access

There is not enough information to understand this configuration. However,
to the extent that XP bridges created during the course of running the setup
wizard are causing a problem, try disabling them before you try to delete
them:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823305/en-us

Doug Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

=?Utf-8?B?aw==?= 01-11-2006 11:18 PM

RE: wireless printing modem access

Thanks - I have disabled the bridges - I am still not able to get a wireless
connection.