Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVD Video (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f40-dvd-video.html)
-   -   "SIGH"....Best Buy Employees (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t269098-sigh-best-buy-employees.html)

Tony soprano 07-27-2004 06:37 PM

"SIGH"....Best Buy Employees
 
I stop in at Best Buy today to pick up the new releases.

There aren't any copies of Whole Ten Yards with the new releases. I check
the alphabetized racks and find about 10 copies of the Full Screen Version.

I ask a girl who works that dept where the WS versions are. She offers to
check the computer.

She proceeds to pull up the Best Buy website. Like I couldn't have done that
myself.

She does a search and it brings back both versions and she clicks on the WS
one and it doesn't give any details. It does however say "in stock ships in
2-3 days"

She then goes back and clicks on the FS version. It gives all the details
like running time, rating etc. She then trys to tell me, "they only released
it in FS"

I tell her no, go back a page. She does then I show her that both versions
are available.

Then she says, " If it's not a very big title they will only order the FS
cause that's what everyone wants."

I said " Wrong, Everyone doesn't want FS. I want WS not the butchered
version." She then says, "Yeah I like WS too." I'll check in the back.

She then disappears never to be seen again.

So I am standing there looking pretty dumbfounded than another employee
stops and offers to help.

I explain what transpired and he says let me check. We go over to the racks
and he is unable to find one so he asks the guy who stocked the shelves. He
said they might be in back, there wasn't much space on the rack so he only
put a few out.

As we were walking toward the back he tells me that whenever that particular
guy stocks , he always puts out only the FS cause that is what he likes.

This whole series of events just annoyed the hell out of me and I needed to
vent.

T.
--
"Logout, that cookie **** makes me nervous!" - Tony Soprano



Brian The Demolition Man Little 07-27-2004 07:21 PM

Re: "SIGH"....Best Buy Employees
 
Tony soprano wrote:
> I stop in at Best Buy today to pick up the new releases.
>
> There aren't any copies of Whole Ten Yards with the new releases. I
> check the alphabetized racks and find about 10 copies of the Full
> Screen Version.


Read the lastest editorial on widescreen.org. He observed a very simular
thing in regards of "Return Of The King." Folks, it was a matter of time
before places like BBY would pick up on the Wal-Mart mentality of
DVD selling (shelve five times as many P&S copies and hire people who
obviously can't tell the difference between the two, or prefere P&S).

--
Brian The Demolition Man Little
TNAImpact.com Columnist & Message Board Mod
Want "Fullscreen DVDs"... Buy VHS and get your
filthy hands off of my Widescreen DVD! Widescreen.org



Grand Inquisitor 07-27-2004 07:27 PM

Re: "SIGH"....Best Buy Employees
 
Maybe it was all disdain for a person trying to buy The Whole Ten Yards.

--

"The world cares very little about what a man or woman knows; it is what
a man or woman is able to do that counts."

--Booker T. Washington

Tarkus 07-27-2004 07:33 PM

Re: "SIGH"....Best Buy Employees
 
On 7/27/2004 12:21:39 PM, Brian The Demolition Man Little wrote:

> Tony soprano wrote:
>> I stop in at Best Buy today to pick up the new releases.
>>
>> There aren't any copies of Whole Ten Yards with the new releases. I
>> check the alphabetized racks and find about 10 copies of the Full
>> Screen Version.

>
> Read the lastest editorial on widescreen.org. He observed a very simular
> thing in regards of "Return Of The King." Folks, it was a matter of time
> before places like BBY would pick up on the Wal-Mart mentality of
> DVD selling (shelve five times as many P&S copies and hire people who
> obviously can't tell the difference between the two, or prefere P&S).


It should be noted that every store is different. I doubt if this is
corporate policy, but rather the policy of the store managers and/or
individual employees. I've seen no such problem locally (Vegas).
--
"Klaatu borada nikto."

Now playing: "12 - Demon's Eye [Remix '96]"

luminos 07-27-2004 08:18 PM

Re: "SIGH"....Best Buy Employees
 


"Grand Inquisitor" <zork@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
news:N0yNc.2003$CH6.1571@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> Maybe it was all disdain for a person trying to buy The Whole Ten Yards.


I doubt it. They will probably place large quantities of Catwoman special
deluxe WS edition out when it arrives.



Yazandtony 07-27-2004 08:29 PM

Re: "SIGH"....Best Buy Employees
 
My Best Buy here in southern New Mexico has pretty good employees, chances are
it was just yours. Oh, and like someone said, chances are they were giving you
a hard time because of the movie you wanted. I think they were caught off guard
someone actually wanted it...

Grand Inquisitor 07-27-2004 08:36 PM

Re: "SIGH"....Best Buy Employees
 
luminos wrote:
> I doubt it. They will probably place large quantities of Catwoman special
> deluxe WS edition out when it arrives.


Heh, I used to work at a place, let's call it Best Purchase, and I had
to laugh every Tuesday when some total box-office turd would get the
sweetest spot right in front of the door. Some movies, I just don't
know why they even bother with a home video release. You can't tell me
Gigli sells any better than The Magnificent Ambersons would.

--

"The world cares very little about what a man or woman knows; it is what
a man or woman is able to do that counts."

--Booker T. Washington

Shinner 07-27-2004 09:09 PM

Re: "SIGH"....Best Buy Employees
 
"luminos" <logos1@trip.net> wrote in
news:10gde4oatcglt66@news20.forteinc.com:


> "Grand Inquisitor" <zork@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:N0yNc.2003$CH6.1571@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
>> Maybe it was all disdain for a person trying to buy The Whole Ten
>> Yards.

>
> I doubt it. They will probably place large quantities of Catwoman
> special deluxe WS edition out when it arrives.


Hey, if they could make space for the "super special extra horny" Showgirls
boxset..... :)


argo 07-27-2004 09:33 PM

Re: "SIGH"....Best Buy Employees
 
speaking of that, I am thinking about getting that boxset, any thing good
out of that set?



"Shinner" <me@someserver.net> wrote in message
news:Xns9533AE704334Dshinnerearthlinknet@207.69.15 4.205...
> "luminos" <logos1@trip.net> wrote in
> news:10gde4oatcglt66@news20.forteinc.com:
>
>
> > "Grand Inquisitor" <zork@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> > news:N0yNc.2003$CH6.1571@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> >> Maybe it was all disdain for a person trying to buy The Whole Ten
> >> Yards.

> >
> > I doubt it. They will probably place large quantities of Catwoman
> > special deluxe WS edition out when it arrives.

>
> Hey, if they could make space for the "super special extra horny"

Showgirls
> boxset..... :)
>




el stinky 07-27-2004 10:36 PM

Re: "SIGH"....Best Buy Employees
 
http://www.bestbuysucks.org

you're lucky they didn't arrest you.

_________________________________
Home of the Tiltwheel
http://listen.to/tiltwheel
makin a racket and encouraging ruckus
_________________________________




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.