Velocity Reviews

-   -   Scarface - Collector's Anniversary Edition (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t268727-scarface-collectors-anniversary-edition.html)

Pat 06-30-2004 02:56 AM

Scarface - Collector's Anniversary Edition

Is the R-rated Scarface 20th Anniversary Edition R1/NTSC DVD the uncut
edition, or is there another one that is closer to the uncut theatrical
release?

NOTE: I recall there were multiple version of this film.

Joshua Zyber 06-30-2004 04:15 AM

Re: Scarface - Collector's Anniversary Edition

"Pat" <hotpatpar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is the R-rated Scarface 20th Anniversary Edition R1/NTSC DVD the uncut
> edition, or is there another one that is closer to the uncut

theatrical
> release?
>
> NOTE: I recall there were multiple version of this film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086250/trivia

"The film was given an X rating 3 times (original, 2nd, and 3rd cuts) by
the MPAA until director Brian De Palma pulled in a panel of experts,
including real narcotics officers, who stated that the film was an
accurate portrayal of real life and should be widely seen. This
convinced the 20 members of the ratings board to give it an R rating by
a vote of 18-2. DePalma then decided to release the original version of
the film, since all 3 versions had been given an X rating and he felt
the differences were insignificant."