Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVD Recording (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t268691-dvd-recording.html)

Nathan S 06-27-2004 11:42 AM

DVD Recording

I have been using a DVD program to create VCD why is the quality of
the start screen so BAD?

How can I make it better does it HAVE to be on a DVD?

Thanks,
Nathan

john33907@comcast.net 06-27-2004 02:33 PM

Re: DVD Recording

On 27 Jun 2004 04:42:19 -0700, NathanS@nsnd.com (Nathan S) wrote:

>I have been using a DVD program to create VCD why is the quality of
>the start screen so BAD?
>
>How can I make it better does it HAVE to be on a DVD?
>
>Thanks,
>Nathan

Why dont you give us a little less information. dumb kid

Pug Fugley 06-27-2004 05:27 PM

Re: DVD Recording

"Nathan S" <NathanS@nsnd.com> wrote in message
news:5549558f.0406270342.3b96064a@posting.google.c om...
> I have been using a DVD program to create VCD why is the quality of
> the start screen so BAD?

Because VCD sucks ass. It's the worst quality you can get.

> How can I make it better does it HAVE to be on a DVD?

Yes.

Biz 06-27-2004 07:56 PM

Re: DVD Recording

"Nathan S" <NathanS@nsnd.com> wrote in message
news:5549558f.0406270342.3b96064a@posting.google.c om...
> I have been using a DVD program to create VCD why is the quality of
> the start screen so BAD?
>
> How can I make it better does it HAVE to be on a DVD?
>
> Thanks,
> Nathan

VCD resolution..352x240 NTSC or 352x288 PAL
DVD resolution up to 720x480 NTSC or 720x576 PAL

Go do some reading....

http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html

luminos 06-27-2004 10:17 PM

Re: DVD Recording

"Biz" <biznospam@notatt.net> wrote in message

> "Nathan S" <NathanS@nsnd.com> wrote in message
> news:5549558f.0406270342.3b96064a@posting.google.c om...
> > I have been using a DVD program to create VCD why is the quality of
> > the start screen so BAD?
> >
> > How can I make it better does it HAVE to be on a DVD?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nathan

> VCD resolution..352x240 NTSC or 352x288 PAL
> DVD resolution up to 720x480 NTSC or 720x576 PAL
>
> Go do some reading....
>
> http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html

Not only that, but the bitrate is in the cellar.