Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVD Video (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f40-dvd-video.html)
-   -   New releases: Angel, Lost in Space, Ike: Updated complete R1 DVD DB & info lists (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t268672-new-releases-angel-lost-in-space-ike-updated-complete-r1-dvd-db-and-info-lists.html)

Doug MacLean 06-26-2004 04:12 AM

New releases: Angel, Lost in Space, Ike: Updated complete R1 DVD DB & info lists
 
A very slow week of announcements ends with some releases from Fox. On
September 7th they have Angel: Season 4 set to street. The list price will
be $59.95.

A week later on September 14th Fox has Lost In Space: Season 2 (volume 1)
ready to list at $39.95. No news yet as to where they are breaking the
season for volume one or when volume two will be ready.

Also due out on September 14th from Fox is Simpsons Gone Wild. This is
basically a compilation set including the episodes:
Homer's Night Out,
Sunday Cruddy Sunday,
The Mansion Family
Homer the Moe
Also included is the featurette Krusty the Clown: King of Comedy
List price set for $14.95.

Rounding out the Fox releases for September 14th is Love Comes Softly.
Initial technical specifications list anamorphic video and Dolby 5.1 audio
retailing for $24.95.

Announced by BMG
July 1st:
Gene Simmons: Speaking In Tongues
Alabama: Video Hits
Alan Jackson: Greatest Hits
Jeff Healey: See The Light
August 10th:
Big Head Todd & The Monsters: Live At The Filmore
Gene Simmons: Speaking In Tongues
September 14th:
Fleetwood Mac: Destiny Rules

Ventura has a series of special interest discs for those interested in the
techniques of the Shaolin monks.
Invincible Shaolin: Kung Fu
Shaolin: Death Squad
Shaolin: Ex-Monk
Shaolin: Magnificent Armour
Shaolin: Red Master
Each title will be released on October 12th listing for $9.99.

Judgment At Nuremberg, originally announced by MGM for a release on
September 7th has been postponed. No new date has been announced.

Lyons Group has a couple of DVDs for the younger set due out next week, June
29th:
Wishbone: Paw Prints Of Thieves
Wishbone: Hot Diggety Dawg
Each will retail for $9.99.

Lion's Gate will release Will & Grace: Season 3 on September 7th. Listing
for $49.95 the technical specifications are Dolby stereo and full screen
video.

Also on September 7th Lion's Gates has more of the Best of Saturday Night
Live series.
Saturday Night Live: The Best Of Chris Kattan
Saturday Night Live: The Best Of Christopher Walken
Saturday Night Live: The Best Of Tracy Morgan
Saturday Night Live: The Best Of Will Ferrell - Volume 2
each lists for $19.98.
They also have
Saturday Night Live: The Best Of Will Farrell - Volumes 1 & 2
on the same date listing for $29.98.

WGHB public television has several documentaries set for June 29th:
Longest Hatred: A Revealing History
American Experience: Last Stand At Little Big Horn
Nova: Einstein Revealed
Nova: Universe Within
Nova: Wild Weather Digital Field Trip
Each has a suggested price of $19.95.

Vanguard has several foreign language films set for release on September
28th:
American Beer
Corndog Man
El Malviviente (The Outcast)
En Las Garras De La Muerte (Clutches Of Death)
Latinos Locos
King Of The Ants (Vanguard)

Columbia/TriStar has announced a few releases for August 31st:
Annie: A Royal Adventure
Physical Evidence
Relentless
Relentless 2: Dead On

Columbia also has set for that data the recent Tom Selleck tele-flick, Ike:
Countdown to D-Day. The technical specifications are Dolby Surround and
anamorphic video. The list price is $24.95.

Pacific Media will release an Un-Rated and 'R' rated version of Latter Days.
Set for a September 7th release it is schedule to be presented in Dolby
Stereo and letterbox video. No word yet as to whether it will be anamorphic.
The list price will be $24.95 for either variation.

Stop by for a complete downloadable information list of all region one DVDs
in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
contains 45,534 titles. Changes and additions this week number 463 and there
are 2,553 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

Current previews include The Dreamers, Butterfly Effect, Blazing Saddles
30th Anniversary, Six Feet Under: Season 2, Under the Lighthouse Dancing and
High Art. Recent reviews include Dead Like Me Season 1, Monster, The
Company, Paycheck, The Great Escape and The Girl with a Pear Earring.
Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made
twice daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.

Doug MacLean
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/




Brian 06-28-2004 03:46 PM

Re: New releases: Angel, Lost in Space, Ike: Updated complete R1 DVD DB & info lists
 
Season 2, Volume 1 for Lost in Space? What in the word is that? Why would
they split it up?

"Doug MacLean" <webmaster@hometheaterinfo.com> wrote in message
news:dJ6Dc.3213$Av3.385@nwrdny01.gnilink.net...
> A very slow week of announcements ends with some releases from Fox. On
> September 7th they have Angel: Season 4 set to street. The list price will
> be $59.95.
>
> A week later on September 14th Fox has Lost In Space: Season 2 (volume 1)
> ready to list at $39.95. No news yet as to where they are breaking the
> season for volume one or when volume two will be ready.
>
> Also due out on September 14th from Fox is Simpsons Gone Wild. This is
> basically a compilation set including the episodes:
> Homer's Night Out,
> Sunday Cruddy Sunday,
> The Mansion Family
> Homer the Moe
> Also included is the featurette Krusty the Clown: King of Comedy
> List price set for $14.95.
>
> Rounding out the Fox releases for September 14th is Love Comes Softly.
> Initial technical specifications list anamorphic video and Dolby 5.1 audio
> retailing for $24.95.
>
> Announced by BMG
> July 1st:
> Gene Simmons: Speaking In Tongues
> Alabama: Video Hits
> Alan Jackson: Greatest Hits
> Jeff Healey: See The Light
> August 10th:
> Big Head Todd & The Monsters: Live At The Filmore
> Gene Simmons: Speaking In Tongues
> September 14th:
> Fleetwood Mac: Destiny Rules
>
> Ventura has a series of special interest discs for those interested in the
> techniques of the Shaolin monks.
> Invincible Shaolin: Kung Fu
> Shaolin: Death Squad
> Shaolin: Ex-Monk
> Shaolin: Magnificent Armour
> Shaolin: Red Master
> Each title will be released on October 12th listing for $9.99.
>
> Judgment At Nuremberg, originally announced by MGM for a release on
> September 7th has been postponed. No new date has been announced.
>
> Lyons Group has a couple of DVDs for the younger set due out next week,

June
> 29th:
> Wishbone: Paw Prints Of Thieves
> Wishbone: Hot Diggety Dawg
> Each will retail for $9.99.
>
> Lion's Gate will release Will & Grace: Season 3 on September 7th. Listing
> for $49.95 the technical specifications are Dolby stereo and full screen
> video.
>
> Also on September 7th Lion's Gates has more of the Best of Saturday Night
> Live series.
> Saturday Night Live: The Best Of Chris Kattan
> Saturday Night Live: The Best Of Christopher Walken
> Saturday Night Live: The Best Of Tracy Morgan
> Saturday Night Live: The Best Of Will Ferrell - Volume 2
> each lists for $19.98.
> They also have
> Saturday Night Live: The Best Of Will Farrell - Volumes 1 & 2
> on the same date listing for $29.98.
>
> WGHB public television has several documentaries set for June 29th:
> Longest Hatred: A Revealing History
> American Experience: Last Stand At Little Big Horn
> Nova: Einstein Revealed
> Nova: Universe Within
> Nova: Wild Weather Digital Field Trip
> Each has a suggested price of $19.95.
>
> Vanguard has several foreign language films set for release on September
> 28th:
> American Beer
> Corndog Man
> El Malviviente (The Outcast)
> En Las Garras De La Muerte (Clutches Of Death)
> Latinos Locos
> King Of The Ants (Vanguard)
>
> Columbia/TriStar has announced a few releases for August 31st:
> Annie: A Royal Adventure
> Physical Evidence
> Relentless
> Relentless 2: Dead On
>
> Columbia also has set for that data the recent Tom Selleck tele-flick,

Ike:
> Countdown to D-Day. The technical specifications are Dolby Surround and
> anamorphic video. The list price is $24.95.
>
> Pacific Media will release an Un-Rated and 'R' rated version of Latter

Days.
> Set for a September 7th release it is schedule to be presented in Dolby
> Stereo and letterbox video. No word yet as to whether it will be

anamorphic.
> The list price will be $24.95 for either variation.
>
> Stop by for a complete downloadable information list of all region one

DVDs
> in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
> contains 45,534 titles. Changes and additions this week number 463 and

there
> are 2,553 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
> cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS,

ES/EX
> and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included

in
> the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
> rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
> search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
> http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.
>
> Current previews include The Dreamers, Butterfly Effect, Blazing Saddles
> 30th Anniversary, Six Feet Under: Season 2, Under the Lighthouse Dancing

and
> High Art. Recent reviews include Dead Like Me Season 1, Monster, The
> Company, Paycheck, The Great Escape and The Girl with a Pear Earring.
> Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made
> twice daily.
>
> Please stop by and visit.
> Thank you.
>
> Doug MacLean
> http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
>
>
>




Waterperson77 06-28-2004 05:10 PM

Re: New releases: Angel, Lost in Space, Ike: Updated complete R1 DVD DB & info lists
 
>Season 2, Volume 1 for Lost in Space? What in the word is that? Why would
>they split it up?
>


because the bozos in this newsgroup said not to buy it (season 1) because they
used the VHS tapes as masters for these dvd's instead of using the film masters
as every other dvd does.

So a lot of people didn't buy it because of the reviews in this newsgroup.

As a consequence, Fox said that since sales of season 1 weren't good, they
would split season 2 in half in the hopes that the lower price of the sets
would attract more buyers (even though the total cost for both volume 1 and 2
of season 2 is way more than if it was released as all of season 2).

People don't want VHS quality anymore. They want dvd quality.

Simply transferring VHS masters to dvd is the reason it didn't sell well on dvd
as other tv series do.



Waterperson77 06-28-2004 05:21 PM

Re: New releases: Angel, Lost in Space, Ike: Updated complete R1 DVD DB & info lists
 
>Season 2, Volume 1 for Lost in Space? What in the word is that? Why would
>they split it up?
>


If the bozos in this newsgroup had never said that season 1 of it on dvd was
mastered from VHS instead of film, it would have sold better, and since you
can't return dvd's after they're opened except as an exchange for the very same
title, and the discs weren't "defecctive" (they were purposely mastered that
way from VHS, so not a defect), the sales would have counted and season 2 would
have been rreleased as an entitre dvd set.

But since the bozos in this newsgroup said that the season 1 dvd's were
mastered from VHS instead of film, everyone in these newsgroups knew about it
ahead of time and avoided purchasing the season 1 set of "Lost in Space" in the
first place, for that very reason.

Fox then decided that the bad sales were from the price of a season set being
too high, and decided to split season 2 into two volumes instead of one so that
people would be more willing to buy it since it is a lower price (at a time).
and overlooking the fact that the overall price for both volume 1 of season 2
and bvolume 2 of season 2 is a lot higher than if it was released as just a
single set containing the entire season 2.

If the bozos in this newsgroup had kept their mouths shut (or fingers away from
the keyboards), then this would not have happened. and you would have seen an
entire season 2 released in one box set.





Video Flyer 06-28-2004 06:10 PM

Re: New releases: Angel, Lost in Space, Ike: Updated complete R1DVD DB & info lists
 
On 6/28/04 12:21 PM, in article
20040628132129.11381.00000427@mb-m23.wmconnect.com, "Waterperson77"
<waterperson77@wmconnect.com> wrote:

>> Season 2, Volume 1 for Lost in Space? What in the word is that? Why would
>> they split it up?
>>

>
> But since the bozos in this newsgroup said that the season 1 dvd's were
> mastered from VHS instead of film, everyone in these newsgroups knew about it
> ahead of time and avoided purchasing the season 1 set of "Lost in Space" in
> the
> first place, for that very reason.
>



Yeah! Sing it louder, man! I don't need nobody rescuing ME from purchasing
inferior quality VHS transfers. I WANT low-res. That's why I started
purchasing DVDs in the first place - I want the cleanest, most pristine
possible copies of fuzzy images.

Butt out, bozos! :-P

*snicker*

Neal
--
"If morons could fly, it'd be pitch black." - Anonymous


Justin 06-28-2004 06:50 PM

Re: New releases: Angel, Lost in Space, Ike: Updated complete R1 DVD DB & info lists
 
Video Flyer wrote on [Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:10:03 GMT]:
> On 6/28/04 12:21 PM, in article
> 20040628132129.11381.00000427@mb-m23.wmconnect.com, "Waterperson77"
> <waterperson77@wmconnect.com> wrote:
>
>>> Season 2, Volume 1 for Lost in Space? What in the word is that? Why would
>>> they split it up?
>>>

>>
>> But since the bozos in this newsgroup said that the season 1 dvd's were
>> mastered from VHS instead of film, everyone in these newsgroups knew about it
>> ahead of time and avoided purchasing the season 1 set of "Lost in Space" in
>> the
>> first place, for that very reason.
>>

>
>
> Yeah! Sing it louder, man! I don't need nobody rescuing ME from purchasing
> inferior quality VHS transfers. I WANT low-res. That's why I started
> purchasing DVDs in the first place - I want the cleanest, most pristine
> possible copies of fuzzy images.
>
> Butt out, bozos! :-P
>
> *snicker*


Of course, this newsgroup alone was what made the sales lackluster.

SoHillsGuy 06-28-2004 07:24 PM

Re: New releases: Angel, Lost in Space, Ike: Updated complete R1 DVD DB & info lists
 
<< If the bozos in this newsgroup had kept their mouths shut (or fingers away
from
the keyboards), then this would not have happened. >>


I really think you're kidding yourself if you think the demographics from any
newsgroup are enough to sway sales. I think it's probably closer to the truth
that about 98% of those folks buying DVDS -- or not -- in your typical BestBuy
couldn't get on a newsgroup to save their life.

Video Flyer 06-28-2004 07:49 PM

Re: New releases: Angel, Lost in Space, Ike: Updated complete R1DVD DB & info lists
 
On 6/28/04 1:50 PM, in article slrnce0q3c.b74.nospam@debian.dns2go.com,
"Justin" <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:

> Video Flyer wrote on [Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:10:03 GMT]:
>> On 6/28/04 12:21 PM, in article
>> 20040628132129.11381.00000427@mb-m23.wmconnect.com, "Waterperson77"
>> <waterperson77@wmconnect.com> wrote:
>>
>>>> Season 2, Volume 1 for Lost in Space? What in the word is that? Why would
>>>> they split it up?
>>>>
>>>
>>> But since the bozos in this newsgroup said that the season 1 dvd's were
>>> mastered from VHS instead of film, everyone in these newsgroups knew about
>>> it
>>> ahead of time and avoided purchasing the season 1 set of "Lost in Space" in
>>> the
>>> first place, for that very reason.
>>>

>>
>>
>> Yeah! Sing it louder, man! I don't need nobody rescuing ME from purchasing
>> inferior quality VHS transfers. I WANT low-res. That's why I started
>> purchasing DVDs in the first place - I want the cleanest, most pristine
>> possible copies of fuzzy images.
>>
>> Butt out, bozos! :-P
>>
>> *snicker*

>
> Of course, this newsgroup alone was what made the sales lackluster.



Oh, well, yes. Of course. That went without saying. :-)

Neal
--
"If morons could fly, it'd be pitch black." - Anonymous


Ronald Cole 06-30-2004 07:11 AM

Re: New releases: Angel, Lost in Space, Ike: Updated complete R1DVD DB & info lists
 
waterperson77@wmconnect.com (Waterperson77) writes:
>>Season 2, Volume 1 for Lost in Space? What in the word is that? Why would
>>they split it up?
>>

>
> because the bozos in this newsgroup said not to buy it (season 1) because they
> used the VHS tapes as masters for these dvd's instead of using the film masters
> as every other dvd does.
>
> So a lot of people didn't buy it because of the reviews in this newsgroup.
>
> As a consequence, Fox said that since sales of season 1 weren't good, they
> would split season 2 in half in the hopes that the lower price of the sets
> would attract more buyers (even though the total cost for both volume 1 and 2
> of season 2 is way more than if it was released as all of season 2).
>
> People don't want VHS quality anymore. They want dvd quality.
>
> Simply transferring VHS masters to dvd is the reason it didn't sell well on dvd
> as other tv series do.


And once again, when we don't buy it, the cheap bastards at Fox won't
take the hint... stupid corporate ****s.

--
Forte International, P.O. Box 1412, Ridgecrest, CA 93556-1412
Ronald Cole <ronald@forte-intl.com> Phone: (760) 499-9142
President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152
My GPG fingerprint: C3AF 4BE9 BEA6 F1C2 B084 4A88 8851 E6C8 69E3 B00B

Larry Gold 07-11-2004 04:54 PM

Re: New releases: Angel, Lost in Space, Ike: Updated complete R1 DVD DB & info lists
 
Over in the UK we are still getting the season box sets, so maybe we are
buying more Lost in Space than you are?

--
Larry.gold
Arsenal For Life
Thierry Henry:
Arsenal is my Paradise
golden.gooner1@hotmail.com

"Ronald Cole" <ronald@forte-intl.com> wrote in message
news:m31xjxy0yy.fsf@yakisoba.forte-intl.com...
> waterperson77@wmconnect.com (Waterperson77) writes:
> >>Season 2, Volume 1 for Lost in Space? What in the word is that? Why

would
> >>they split it up?
> >>

> >
> > because the bozos in this newsgroup said not to buy it (season 1)

because they
> > used the VHS tapes as masters for these dvd's instead of using the film

masters
> > as every other dvd does.
> >
> > So a lot of people didn't buy it because of the reviews in this

newsgroup.
> >
> > As a consequence, Fox said that since sales of season 1 weren't good,

they
> > would split season 2 in half in the hopes that the lower price of the

sets
> > would attract more buyers (even though the total cost for both volume 1

and 2
> > of season 2 is way more than if it was released as all of season 2).
> >
> > People don't want VHS quality anymore. They want dvd quality.
> >
> > Simply transferring VHS masters to dvd is the reason it didn't sell well

on dvd
> > as other tv series do.

>
> And once again, when we don't buy it, the cheap bastards at Fox won't
> take the hint... stupid corporate ****s.
>
> --
> Forte International, P.O. Box 1412, Ridgecrest, CA 93556-1412
> Ronald Cole <ronald@forte-intl.com> Phone: (760) 499-9142
> President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152
> My GPG fingerprint: C3AF 4BE9 BEA6 F1C2 B084 4A88 8851 E6C8 69E3 B00B



---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.705 / Virus Database: 461 - Release Date: 13/06/2004




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.