Velocity Reviews

-   -   Uploading Data From MS Acess 2000 ti SQL server 2000 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t26851-uploading-data-from-ms-acess-2000-ti-sql-server-2000-a.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Z2F1cmF2?= 01-09-2006 10:48 AM

hi
I want to Bulk upload Data from Acess database 2000 to an online Sql Server
2000.I am using vb.net 2002 as front end
Can u please guide me

I have come to know about DTS Programming but it dosent work in vb.net it
gives somekind of incompatible error while creating custom task...
Second option is Link server.. i m not sure about its use
the third option is XLM Bulk Upload..I got the got but i dont know how to
get the SQLXMLBULKLOADLib in my project i dont c any microsoft SQLXml .... in
the list...

Can u please sen me some sample code of these three topics or if u know any
better idea please do forward that

john smith 01-09-2006 11:21 AM

Re: Uploading Data From MS Acess 2000 ti SQL server 2000

gaurav wrote:
> hi
> I want to Bulk upload Data from Acess database 2000 to an online Sql Server
> 2000.I am using vb.net 2002 as front end
> Can u please guide me
>
> I have come to know about DTS Programming but it dosent work in vb.net it
> gives somekind of incompatible error while creating custom task...
> Second option is Link server.. i m not sure about its use
> the third option is XLM Bulk Upload..I got the got but i dont know how to
> get the SQLXMLBULKLOADLib in my project i dont c any microsoft SQLXml .... in
> the list...
>
> Can u please sen me some sample code of these three topics or if u know any
> better idea please do forward that

If you can't get DTS to work, nor the upscaling wizzard, nor Bulk
Load... Then it almost sounds like we'd have to do it all manually
(well, write a script to do all the work). The thing is, it is very much
dependent on your database schema (column names, data types, foreign
keys, etc), so it's hard to come up with anything helpful... You'll have
to re-create all the tables first (and constraints), then in the right
order (so you can "work out" the foreign key problems) for each table
select * from it, and sql insert each row to the new table (with the
right conversions like true/false -> bit).

Mary Chipman [MSFT] 01-09-2006 02:42 PM

Re: Uploading Data From MS Acess 2000 ti SQL server 2000

Try posting this in the microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts newsgroup.
Someone there may be able to help with the DTS side of things. You
should be able to execute a DTS package from .NET.

--Mary