Velocity Reviews

-   -   Lost My Network Places! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t26834-lost-my-network-places.html)

=?Utf-8?B?ZHJfbWFiZXVzZQ==?= 01-08-2006 08:11 PM

Lost My Network Places!

Does anyone know why I should have lost the contents of my "Network Places"
overnight? I'm running XP on a wireless home network

I used to have 4 folders in there where I kept my shared files. Now it's
empty. I'm unable to access any shared files from my laptop.

The router's okay. I tried doing a system restore but that didn't help.

Any help much appreciated!

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVhbGNv?= 01-08-2006 08:57 PM

RE: Lost My Network Places!

Well, welcome to the club. If you get a helpful response to this, I would
love to hear about it, for I have much the same problem. There is no useful
help out there that I have found when it comes to transitioning from
hardwired networks to wireless within Network Neighborhood. You would likely
find that you can go to the cmd prompt on your computer, type in ipconfig and
hit return, get the ip addresses of each of your computers in that fashion,
then search for computers on the network by IP address and find each and
every one. But that is scarcely as convenient as the good old way. Good
luck to you.

Les

J 01-08-2006 09:28 PM

Re: Lost My Network Places!

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 12:57:01 -0800, dealco
<dealco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Well, welcome to the club. If you get a helpful response to this, I would
>love to hear about it, for I have much the same problem. There is no useful
>help out there that I have found when it comes to transitioning from
>hardwired networks to wireless within Network Neighborhood. You would likely

About 2 weeks ago I added a wireless laptop to a wired network, and
found that to make all 3 computers "see" each other I had to allow
the wireless dsl modem/router do ALL the address setting, and turn
a linksys router into a simple switch

Go to http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith/ADOBE.HTM and click on the
wireless networking link near the top for more information

This worked for me... might work for you