Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to connect 2 laptops directly using WIFI? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t26830-how-to-connect-2-laptops-directly-using-wifi.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Smlncw==?= 01-08-2006 06:28 PM

How to connect 2 laptops directly using WIFI?

Hi,

Could any1 please tell me how to connect 2 laptops DIRECTLY (1 with Windows
XP professional and 2nd with Windows XP home edition) using WIFI? A step by
step guide is appreciated.

Many thanks.

Jigs

J 01-08-2006 07:09 PM

Re: How to connect 2 laptops directly using WIFI?

I'm not sure, but here http://www.ezlan.net may help

Lance 01-08-2006 07:30 PM

Jigs thought carefully and wrote on 1/8/2006 10:28 AM:
> Hi,
>
> Could any1 please tell me how to connect 2 laptops DIRECTLY (1 with Windows
> XP professional and 2nd with Windows XP home edition) using WIFI? A step by
> step guide is appreciated.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Jigs

What you want to do is set up a wireless "ad hoc" network. This will
enable the computers to see each other:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...02april08.mspx
or
http://tinyurl.com/2zkon

Once you have established your ad hoc network if you actually want to do
something useful with it then you have to enable Internet Conection
Sharing (ICS), File and Printer Sharing, Remote Desktop Protocol, whatever.

Lance
*****