Velocity Reviews

-   -   no output?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t267885-no-output.html)

Tergk 06-30-2003 02:53 PM

no output??

I bought a copy of SAMS Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days (Fourth Edition). I
typed a few code lines to make output show the "Hello World". However, no
output is made.. just fast flash of console then gone. However, my compiler
(program) says that the source code is fine. So, ...I want to see the output
of my source code. I was wondering if any of you guys know a special
character or function word that will enable me to see the output? Thx.. btw,
im using MS Visual C++ .NET Standard...

Victor Bazarov 06-30-2003 03:23 PM

Re: no output??

"Tergk" <tsnider@sympatico.ca> wrote...
> I bought a copy of SAMS Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days (Fourth Edition). I
> typed a few code lines to make output show the "Hello World". However, no
> output is made.. just fast flash of console then gone. However, my

compiler
> (program) says that the source code is fine. So, ...I want to see the

output
> of my source code. I was wondering if any of you guys know a special
> character or function word that will enable me to see the output? Thx..

btw,
> im using MS Visual C++ .NET Standard...

Instead of "Run" use "Execute". It will stop before closing
the window. Also, if the program is created to be run from
a command line, it helps to run it from the command line, not
from the IDE. Please next time post your question to the relevant
newsgroup: microsoft.public.vc.ide_general.

Victor