Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Decompiling a Visual C++ Application (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t267626-re-decompiling-a-visual-c-application.html)

Shane McDaniel 06-23-2003 08:55 PM

Acme Optics wrote:

> "Phlip" <phlipcpp@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Acme Optics wrote:
> >
> >> We need to decompile one of our C++ applications. The programmer
> >> quite, took the source with him and can't be found. Are there any
> >> commercial codes that can do this so we can get inside the source
> >> code?

> >If this programmer took source you paid the usual salary for more than a
> >week for, this is "grand theft". Start there.

> We think he's let the country.

Let the country? Wow, he must have uber power if he has control over
whether the country does something or not.

The bottom line is you can't get anything useful back the way you
originally asked about. If you don't believe me go search the web about
it, there are numerous explanations why decompiling is simply a waste of
time. In the future keep tighter control ( read backups, versioning )
on your source code.

-shane