Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVD recorders (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t267596-dvd-recorders.html)

Barry day 06-09-2004 10:18 AM

DVD recorders

what is th best type of DVD recorder to buy and why??
Brendan

Fred 06-09-2004 11:33 AM

Re: DVD recorders

I assume you mean standalone DVD recorder, like a VCR.

I just ran the gamut of brands and choosing one.

I chose Panasonic. Good reputation and great results.
I think its a E50. They are in clearance in most places now, as the E55 is
out at about $350. I got my E50 as an open box at circuit city for $197.
Then got the 3 year warranty with it.

Very happy with it.

I also tried the new Pioneer DVR220S at WalMart for $300, but returned it
because of problems. The Pioneer was a beautiful machine, and really nicer
than the Panasonic, but the Panny works fine with my other DVD players, the
Pioneer did not.

Dick Sidbury 06-09-2004 07:24 PM

Re: DVD recorders

Barry day wrote:
> what is th best type of DVD recorder to buy and why??
> Brendan

the one that I have for sale because I'll make a lot of money.

seriously this question is meaningless without your telling us what you
want to do and the experience that you have.

nickmed 06-09-2004 10:03 PM

Re: DVD recorders

I am looking to buy a DVD recorder that can record off my cable TV and can
Play DVD's from any region. Any recommendations?

Thanks
Nick

Kryptoknight 06-10-2004 12:05 AM

Re: DVD recorders

B&H has a good list of quality dvd recorders, i would not buy from there,
too expensive, but at least you can see what's available.

Barry day 06-10-2004 12:21 AM

Re: DVD recorders

exactly one i want to buy in the near future.
brendan

Joe Gonzalez 06-10-2004 01:05 AM

Re: DVD recorders

Pioneer elite

Waterperson77 06-16-2004 05:22 AM

Re: DVD recorders

>what is th best type of DVD recorder to buy and why??

not the kind that I bought. That's the worst kind to buy.