Velocity Reviews

-   -   Another stupid list: Which Actor appears most in your DVD collection? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t267473-another-stupid-list-which-actor-appears-most-in-your-dvd-collection.html)

Bexley 05-31-2004 06:28 PM

Another stupid list: Which Actor appears most in your DVD collection?

I don't mean which Stars appear most often, but which Actor (i.e. he may be a
Star, but he might just be an actor).

The rules are as follows:

1 - Multiple roles don't count -- so Ted Raimi in Evil Dead III is still only
once.

2 - TV series only count once, so Ed Biship (UFO) or Garry Shandling (Larry
Sanders) only count once.

3 - Movie series only count once, too, so Al Pacino (Godfather I, II, and III)
only once.

4 - Voices count, so Alec Baldwin in Miami Blues and Royal Tanenbaums
(Narrator).

5 - Documentaries DON'T count unless the actor Narrates. No exceptions.

For example, Bruce Campbell is in Evil Dead (I, II, and III) AND appears in
Intolerable Cruelty (bg. actor) -- so that's twice.

George Clooney is in Out Of Sight, Solaris, Dusk Till Dawn, Intolerable Cruelty
i.e. = 4.

Ward Bond is in The Searchers and Grapes of Wrath = 2.

Alfred Hitchcock shouldn't really be included, but what the hell... Same with
Martin Scorcese and his Parents.

Now go an stare at your DVD's...

--Bex.

KING B MAN 05-31-2004 06:38 PM

Re: Another stupid list: Which Actor appears most in your DVD collection?

For some unknown reason,
Olivier Gruner- So-so action films
Richard Norton see above
Russell Crowe- Gladiator, Beautiful Mind
Mel Gibson- Braveheart ,Living Dangerously. Mad Max trilogy, Tim, it could go
on.
Christopher Lee- Any Hammer stuff
Followed by Bruce and Ted

Mike
Coming soon! The Summer of 3D (oh well, you will just have to wait and see)

http://hometown.aol.com/kingbman/myhomepage/intro.html

Arthur Lipscomb 05-31-2004 07:56 PM

Bexley wrote:

> I don't mean which Stars appear most often, but which Actor (i.e. he may be a
> Star, but he might just be an actor).

snip

According to DVD Profiler the following actors appear as 5 or more
characters in movies/tv shows in my collection:

Tim Curry - at least 10
Arnold Achwarzenneger - at least 9
Jeff Goldblum - at least 8
Robert De Niro - at least 7
Bruce Campbell - at least 5
Whoopi Goldberg - at least 5
Sean Connery - at least 5
John Travolta - at least 5
Morgan Freeman - at least 5
Brad Pitt - at least 5
Ben Aflek - at least 5
johnny Depp - at least 5
Matt Damon - at least 5
Bill Murray - at least 5
Halle Berry - at least 5

Dick Sidbury 05-31-2004 08:22 PM

Bexley wrote:
> I don't mean which Stars appear most often, but which Actor (i.e. he may be a
> Star, but he might just be an actor).
>
> The rules are as follows:
>
> 1 - Multiple roles don't count -- so Ted Raimi in Evil Dead III is still only
> once.
>
> 2 - TV series only count once, so Ed Biship (UFO) or Garry Shandling (Larry
> Sanders) only count once.
>
> 3 - Movie series only count once, too, so Al Pacino (Godfather I, II, and III)
> only once.
>
> 4 - Voices count, so Alec Baldwin in Miami Blues and Royal Tanenbaums
> (Narrator).
>
> 5 - Documentaries DON'T count unless the actor Narrates. No exceptions.
>
> For example, Bruce Campbell is in Evil Dead (I, II, and III) AND appears in
> Intolerable Cruelty (bg. actor) -- so that's twice.
>
> George Clooney is in Out Of Sight, Solaris, Dusk Till Dawn, Intolerable Cruelty
> i.e. = 4.
>
> Ward Bond is in The Searchers and Grapes of Wrath = 2.
>
> Alfred Hitchcock shouldn't really be included, but what the hell... Same with
> Martin Scorcese and his Parents.
>
> Now go an stare at your DVD's...
>
> --Bex.

How do you count Maud Adams in the James Bond series. She was in more
than one movie but played dfferent parts?

dick
-- If you're going to have complicated rules then they must be precise

Dick Sidbury 05-31-2004 08:25 PM

Dick Sidbury wrote:
> Bexley wrote:
>
>> I don't mean which Stars appear most often, but which Actor (i.e. he
>> may be a
>> Star, but he might just be an actor).
>>
>> The rules are as follows:
>>
>> 1 - Multiple roles don't count -- so Ted Raimi in Evil Dead III is
>> still only
>> once.
>>
>> 2 - TV series only count once, so Ed Biship (UFO) or Garry Shandling
>> (Larry
>> Sanders) only count once.
>>
>> 3 - Movie series only count once, too, so Al Pacino (Godfather I, II,
>> and III)
>> only once.
>>
>> 4 - Voices count, so Alec Baldwin in Miami Blues and Royal Tanenbaums
>> (Narrator).
>>
>> 5 - Documentaries DON'T count unless the actor Narrates. No exceptions.
>>
>> For example, Bruce Campbell is in Evil Dead (I, II, and III) AND
>> appears in
>> Intolerable Cruelty (bg. actor) -- so that's twice.
>>
>> George Clooney is in Out Of Sight, Solaris, Dusk Till Dawn,
>> Intolerable Cruelty
>> i.e. = 4.
>>
>> Ward Bond is in The Searchers and Grapes of Wrath = 2.
>>
>> Alfred Hitchcock shouldn't really be included, but what the hell...
>> Same with
>> Martin Scorcese and his Parents.
>>
>> Now go an stare at your DVD's...
>>
>> --Bex.
>>

> How do you count Maud Adams in the James Bond series. She was in more
> than one movie but played dfferent parts?
>
> dick
> -- If you're going to have complicated rules then they must be precise

Oh and how do you cound Arnold in the terminator movies? He plays three
different cyborgs, two of which are very similar.

dick

Douglas Bailey 05-31-2004 08:32 PM

Bexley wrote:
> I don't mean which Stars appear most often, but which Actor (i.e. he may
> be a Star, but he might just be an actor).

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but here are the ones that came up on a quick
search through DVD Profiler:

Woody Allen -- 27 films
Michael Caine -- 15 films
Mia Farrow -- 14 films
Toshiro Mifune -- 13 films
Cary Grant -- 13 films
Jack Warden -- 13 films
Martin Balsam -- 13 films
Donald Sutherland -- 13 films
Samuel L. Jackson -- 13 films
Sir Laurence Olivier -- 12 films
James Stewart -- 12 films
Takashi Shimura -- 12 films
Sean Connery -- 12 films
Dustin Hoffman -- 12 films
Gene Hackman -- 12 films
Jeff Goldblum -- 12 films
Jack Lemmon -- 11 films
Tom Hanks -- 11 films
Gregory Peck -- 10 films
Clint Eastwood -- 10 films
Martin Sheen -- 10 films
Al Pacino -- 10 films
Anthony Hopkins -- 10 films
Claude Rains -- 9 films
Audrey Hepburn -- 9 films
Paul Newman -- 9 films
Robert Redford -- 9 films
Robert Duvall -- 9 films
Diane Keaton -- 9 films
Steve Buscemi -- 9 films
Harrison Ford -- 8 films
Sigourney Weaver -- 8 films
Kevin Bacon -- 6 films (not really all that many, but I *had* to include
him for sheer six-degrees value)

I'll stop there for now.

doug

--
"Research has pierced all extremes of my sex; call it a day..."
--David Bowie

Grand Inquisitor 05-31-2004 09:05 PM

Re: Another stupid list: Which Actor appears most in your DVD collection?

Chaplin, Keaton, Hitchcock, Welles, Wayne, and probably a handful of
Coen and Ford regulars.

--
"I like the cover: 'DON'T PANIC.' It's the first sensible thing I've
heard all day."

Grand Inquisitor

Jay Stewart 06-01-2004 02:15 AM

"Bexley" <bexley@nothpamvideotron.ca> wrote in message
news:WOKuc.83082$Ca5.787998@wagner.videotron.net.. .
> I don't mean which Stars appear most often, but which Actor (i.e. he may

be a
> Star, but he might just be an actor).
>
> The rules are as follows:
>
> 1 - Multiple roles don't count -- so Ted Raimi in Evil Dead III is still

only
> once.
>
> 2 - TV series only count once, so Ed Biship (UFO) or Garry Shandling

(Larry
> Sanders) only count once.
>
> 3 - Movie series only count once, too, so Al Pacino (Godfather I, II, and

III)
> only once.
>
> 4 - Voices count, so Alec Baldwin in Miami Blues and Royal Tanenbaums
> (Narrator).
>
> 5 - Documentaries DON'T count unless the actor Narrates. No exceptions.
>
> For example, Bruce Campbell is in Evil Dead (I, II, and III) AND appears

in
> Intolerable Cruelty (bg. actor) -- so that's twice.
>
> George Clooney is in Out Of Sight, Solaris, Dusk Till Dawn, Intolerable

Cruelty
> i.e. = 4.
>
> Ward Bond is in The Searchers and Grapes of Wrath = 2.
>
> Alfred Hitchcock shouldn't really be included, but what the hell... Same

with
> Martin Scorcese and his Parents.
>
> Now go an stare at your DVD's...

Robert DeNiro and Bruce Willis top my list - if you count three appearances
for the Die Hard films...

Jerry Boyajian 06-01-2004 03:36 AM

Re: Another stupid list: Which Actor appears most in your DVD collection?

bexley@nothpamvideotron.ca says...

> I don't mean which Stars appear most often, but which Actor (i.e. he may be a
> Star, but he might just be an actor).
>
> The rules are as follows:

[snip]

I'd have to check my collection to be positive, but the last time I
looked, the top three stars in my collection were (1) John Wayne, (2)
Cary Grant, and (3) Bob Hope. Charlie Chaplin will probably also be way
up there if you want to count all of the shorts he made that have been
released in various DVD collections. For women, I think the top ones are
Maggie Cheung and Katharine Hepburn.

It was horrifying to realize that John Wayne was way in the lead, since
I'm really not a fan of his. I just happen to like most of the films
he's in, despite the fact that he's in them.

As for supporting roles, God only knows, especially if you're not
allowing multiple films in a series (otherwise, Desmond Llewellyn would
be up there for all of his James Bond appearances as "Q").

-- jayembee

MauiJNP 06-01-2004 04:31 AM

Re: Another stupid list: Which Actor appears most in your DVD collection?

with just my DVD (of which I only have 12), it would be George Clooney
because I have Ocean's 11 and One Fine Day.

using DVD and VHS, it would be Matthew McConaughey, my favorite

--
"You're a judge, pretty much all you do

Judging Amy