Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVD-Audio (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t267456-dvd-audio.html)

Bob Adams 05-30-2004 08:35 PM

DVD-Audio

Can anybody recommend a utility that can rip the audio from a DVD-Audio
DVD in .cda format (or whatever) so as it can be burnt on to an audio
CD?

Thanks.
--
Bob Adams - email address: bob55@ntlworld.com

Darrel Christenson 05-30-2004 09:13 PM

Re: DVD-Audio

Bob Adams wrote:

> Can anybody recommend a utility that can rip the audio from a DVD-Audio
> DVD in .cda format (or whatever) so as it can be burnt on to an audio CD?

hmmm... I think most DVD-Audio discs have standard stereo
tracks on them, just play it in your player like you would
any other cd.

drc :)

mo 05-30-2004 09:34 PM

Re: DVD-Audio

"Darrel Christenson" <darrel.christensen@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Bob Adams wrote:
>

> > Can anybody recommend a utility that can rip the audio from a DVD-Audio
> > DVD in .cda format (or whatever) so as it can be burnt on to an audio

CD?

> hmmm... I think most DVD-Audio discs have standard stereo
> tracks on them, just play it in your player like you would
> any other cd.

most CD players wont be able to read DVDs though.

The method I use is by ripping the audio using SmartRipper(which gives you a
wav file which you can then split and burn)

Choose the Stereo track for best quality

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...martripper.cfm

IIRC you can rip the aduio without having to do the video - but if not jus
tick the box which says 'rip audio into a seperate file' (or words to that
effect)

Keith 05-30-2004 09:35 PM

Re: DVD-Audio

>> Can anybody recommend a utility that can rip the audio from a DVD-Audio
>> DVD in .cda format (or whatever) so as it can be burnt on to an audio CD?

>hmmm... I think most DVD-Audio discs have standard stereo
>tracks on them, just play it in your player like you would
>any other cd.

The DVD Audio discs that I have are also encoded in a DVD-Video format
on the flip side for people that don't have DVD-Audio compatible
players. They won't work in a standard CD player.

Biz 05-31-2004 12:36 AM

Re: DVD-Audio

"Bob Adams" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

> Can anybody recommend a utility that can rip the audio from a DVD-Audio
> DVD in .cda format (or whatever) so as it can be burnt on to an audio
> CD?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Bob Adams - email address: bob55@ntlworld.com

I dont't think it can be done yet. But you can rip the audio compatiblity
track.

Adrian S. Kuiper 06-01-2004 03:21 PM

Re: DVD-Audio

"Biz" <biznospam@att.net> wrote in message

> "Bob Adams" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> >

> > Can anybody recommend a utility that can rip the audio from a DVD-Audio
> > DVD in .cda format (or whatever) so as it can be burnt on to an audio
> > CD?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > Bob Adams - email address: bob55@ntlworld.com

> I dont't think it can be done yet. But you can rip the audio compatiblity
> track.

IMTOO has a DVD Audio Ripper. Rips to an MP3 that can be burned
to a CD. Lets you specify MP3 or WAV output. Also allows selection of
the bitrate.

I bought it and two companion programs that IMTOO has: CD ripper and
DVD ripper.

Adrian