Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVD Video (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f40-dvd-video.html)
-   -   Help Not had this one before (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t267421-help-not-had-this-one-before.html)

Dragon 05-28-2004 06:46 PM

Help Not had this one before
 
I am trying to back up Hans Christian Anderson on region 1 disc with
decrypter but when it does the css it comes up with this message

brute force cracking failed

there were no vulnerable blocks

what does this mean, I have never had this before and how do I get round it
to back up the dvd

Dave



Nath 05-28-2004 06:57 PM

Re: Help Not had this one before
 

"Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:PNLtc.24536$763.20330@pathologist.blueyonder. net...
> I am trying to back up Hans Christian Anderson on region 1 disc with
> decrypter but when it does the css it comes up with this message
>
> brute force cracking failed
>
> there were no vulnerable blocks
>
> what does this mean, I have never had this before and how do I get round

it
> to back up the dvd
>
> Dave


Flash your drive to RPC-1, then try again.



Dragon 05-28-2004 07:05 PM

Re: Help Not had this one before
 
hi Dave

what does brute force mean and do, do i need it on

dave

"Dave" <Fake@NGGGGGGG.com> wrote in message
news:c9829m$b7m$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
> "Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:PNLtc.24536$763.20330@pathologist.blueyonder. net...
> > I am trying to back up Hans Christian Anderson on region 1 disc with
> > decrypter but when it does the css it comes up with this message
> >
> > brute force cracking failed
> >
> > there were no vulnerable blocks
> >
> > what does this mean, I have never had this before and how do I get round

> it
> > to back up the dvd
> >

> Run dvdregionfree or anydvd in the background, dont use brute force (you

can
> disable it in dvd decrypters menus) unless you have to
>
>
>




Dave 05-28-2004 07:05 PM

Re: Help Not had this one before
 

"Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:PNLtc.24536$763.20330@pathologist.blueyonder. net...
> I am trying to back up Hans Christian Anderson on region 1 disc with
> decrypter but when it does the css it comes up with this message
>
> brute force cracking failed
>
> there were no vulnerable blocks
>
> what does this mean, I have never had this before and how do I get round

it
> to back up the dvd
>

Run dvdregionfree or anydvd in the background, dont use brute force (you can
disable it in dvd decrypters menus) unless you have to




Tama Mativa 05-28-2004 11:22 PM

Re: Help Not had this one before
 
it still decrypts it , it just runs slower

your dvdrom player is set to one region and the dvd disk is another region


"Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:V3Mtc.4708$Dm2.3604@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> hi Dave
>
> what does brute force mean and do, do i need it on
>
> dave
>
> "Dave" <Fake@NGGGGGGG.com> wrote in message
> news:c9829m$b7m$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> >
> > "Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > news:PNLtc.24536$763.20330@pathologist.blueyonder. net...
> > > I am trying to back up Hans Christian Anderson on region 1 disc with
> > > decrypter but when it does the css it comes up with this message
> > >
> > > brute force cracking failed
> > >
> > > there were no vulnerable blocks
> > >
> > > what does this mean, I have never had this before and how do I get

round
> > it
> > > to back up the dvd
> > >

> > Run dvdregionfree or anydvd in the background, dont use brute force (you

> can
> > disable it in dvd decrypters menus) unless you have to
> >
> >
> >

>
>




Dave 05-29-2004 02:02 AM

Re: Help Not had this one before
 

"Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:V3Mtc.4708$Dm2.3604@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> hi Dave
>
> what does brute force mean and do, do i need it on
>


Turn it off
Its used if you are trying to rip a dvd which has a region your drive is
normally unable to read (ie your dvd-rom or writer may normally only read
region 2 disks, using brute force allows you to scan for the protections
like css etc on other region dvd disks) generally you dont need to use it,
it can be buggy and it may be slow, ive only ever seen it have to be used on
a region locked drive trying to decrypt a RCE region 1 disk.



Dragon 05-29-2004 12:14 PM

Re: Help Not had this one before
 
I think the disk I am trying to backup is a rce disk region 1

Dave

"Dave" <Fake@NGGGGGGG.com> wrote in message
news:c98qnh$st2$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
> "Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:V3Mtc.4708$Dm2.3604@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > hi Dave
> >
> > what does brute force mean and do, do i need it on
> >

>
> Turn it off
> Its used if you are trying to rip a dvd which has a region your drive is
> normally unable to read (ie your dvd-rom or writer may normally only read
> region 2 disks, using brute force allows you to scan for the protections
> like css etc on other region dvd disks) generally you dont need to use it,
> it can be buggy and it may be slow, ive only ever seen it have to be used

on
> a region locked drive trying to decrypt a RCE region 1 disk.
>
>




Dave 05-29-2004 01:23 PM

Re: Help Not had this one before
 

"Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:29%tc.5877$Dm2.4691@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> I think the disk I am trying to backup is a rce disk region 1
>


What film is it and what region??? and i will tell you if its RCE protected




Dragon 05-29-2004 03:54 PM

Re: Help Not had this one before
 
Hans Christian Anderson Danny kaye region 1

"Dave" <Fake@NGGGGGGG.com> wrote in message
news:c9a2k2$ucn$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
> "Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:29%tc.5877$Dm2.4691@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > I think the disk I am trying to backup is a rce disk region 1
> >

>
> What film is it and what region??? and i will tell you if its RCE

protected
>
>
>




Dave 05-29-2004 04:39 PM

Re: Help Not had this one before
 

"Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:rm2uc.6656$Dm2.5278@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Hans Christian Anderson Danny kaye region 1
>


If its....
Hans Christian Anderson Danny Kaye 1952
Then that title does NOT seem to be RCE protected, and should playback on
any multiregion dvd player :)
Turn the brute force thing off, and then try... and if it still dont work
try again with dvdregionfree or anydvd running in the background, or even
better run clonedvd or dvdshrink with anydvd or dvdregionfree in the
background, that will almost certainly make a working backup :)





All times are GMT. The time now is 07:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.