Velocity Reviews

-   -   When they're gone, they could be gone for good... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t267411-when-theyre-gone-they-could-be-gone-for-good.html)

Richard 05-28-2004 12:07 AM

When they're gone, they could be gone for good...

....Movies on VHS that have not hit DVD. Stores are ridding themselves
of them very fast now. There are more than a few good ones still only
on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point. Ideally, they
should all go to DVD, especially with print aging, but why not in the interim
copy VHS copies to DVD just to preserve them? Personal use only of course.
-Rich

Bootstrap Bill 05-28-2004 12:11 AM

Re: When they're gone, they could be gone for good...

"Richard" <rander3127@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:ec75e55a.0405271607.2c57ccfa@posting.google.c om...
> ...Movies on VHS that have not hit DVD. Stores are ridding themselves
> of them very fast now. There are more than a few good ones still only
> on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point. Ideally, they
> should all go to DVD, especially with print aging, but why not in the

interim
> copy VHS copies to DVD just to preserve them? Personal use only of

course.
> -Rich

I was thinking about doing that. I have a video capture card (ATI TV Wonder)
and a DVD+R/RW writer. What else do I need?

Richard C. 05-28-2004 12:38 AM

Re: When they're gone, they could be gone for good...

"Richard" <rander3127@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:ec75e55a.0405271607.2c57ccfa@posting.google.c om...

: on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point.

=================
What does this mean?

Steve(JazzHunter) 05-28-2004 02:12 AM

Re: When they're gone, they could be gone for good...

On Thu, 27 May 2004 17:38:54 -0700, "Richard C." <post-age
@spamcop.net> wrote:

>"Richard" <rander3127@rogers.com> wrote in message
>news:ec75e55a.0405271607.2c57ccfa@posting.google. com...
>
>: on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point.
>
>=================
>What does this mean?

I'm guessing he means they may exist as theatrical prints and
negatives, shown at old film festivals etc, but never again available
on Home Video. I can thnk of a few films that fit that category.

.Steve ..

HellRazor 05-28-2004 02:14 AM

"Bootstrap Bill" <wrcousert@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Richard" <rander3127@rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:ec75e55a.0405271607.2c57ccfa@posting.google.c om...
> > ...Movies on VHS that have not hit DVD. Stores are ridding themselves
> > of them very fast now. There are more than a few good ones still only
> > on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point. Ideally, they
> > should all go to DVD, especially with print aging, but why not in the

> interim
> > copy VHS copies to DVD just to preserve them? Personal use only of

> course.
> > -Rich

> I was thinking about doing that. I have a video capture card (ATI TV

Wonder)
> and a DVD+R/RW writer. What else do I need?

Software to author the DVD from your captured video. I use Pinnacle Studio
9.

HellRazor

Invid Fan 05-28-2004 03:09 AM

Re: When they're gone, they could be gone for good...

In article <40b68933$0$216$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com>, Richard C.
< @spamcop.net> wrote:

> "Richard" <rander3127@rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:ec75e55a.0405271607.2c57ccfa@posting.google.c om...
>
> : on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point.
>
> =================
> What does this mean?

I assume he means the only version left is the original print, nothing
avalible for home viewing in any format once the old tapes wear out.

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

Biz 05-28-2004 04:11 AM

"Richard C." <post-age @spamcop.net> wrote in message
news:40b68933$0$216$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com. ..
> "Richard" <rander3127@rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:ec75e55a.0405271607.2c57ccfa@posting.google.c om...
>
> : on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point.
>
> =================
> What does this mean?

It means you dont know how to quote a message properly....

"There are more than a few good ones still only
on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point"

If the VHS goes out of print, and there is no DVD release, meaning chances
are there is no current way to purchase the movie, then it will only exist
in the studios vaults on film....

DarkMatter 05-28-2004 01:37 PM

Re: When they're gone, they could be gone for good...

On Fri, 28 May 2004 02:14:07 GMT, "HellRazor" <nottellin@no.com> Gave
us:

>"Bootstrap Bill" <wrcousert@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:Usvtc.5075$hM4.2700@twister.socal.rr.com.. .
>>
>> "Richard" <rander3127@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> news:ec75e55a.0405271607.2c57ccfa@posting.google.c om...
>> > ...Movies on VHS that have not hit DVD. Stores are ridding themselves
>> > of them very fast now. There are more than a few good ones still only
>> > on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point. Ideally, they
>> > should all go to DVD, especially with print aging, but why not in the

>> interim
>> > copy VHS copies to DVD just to preserve them? Personal use only of

>> course.
>> > -Rich

>> I was thinking about doing that. I have a video capture card (ATI TV

>Wonder)
>> and a DVD+R/RW writer. What else do I need?

>Software to author the DVD from your captured video. I use Pinnacle Studio
>9.

You are retarded. There are several packages which would work, you
pirate **** retard!

HellRazor 05-28-2004 07:14 PM

"DarkMatter" <DarkMatter@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org> wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 May 2004 02:14:07 GMT, "HellRazor" <nottellin@no.com> Gave
> us:
>

> >"Bootstrap Bill" <wrcousert@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >news:Usvtc.5075$hM4.2700@twister.socal.rr.com.. .
> >>
> >> "Richard" <rander3127@rogers.com> wrote in message
> >> news:ec75e55a.0405271607.2c57ccfa@posting.google.c om...

themselves

only

they
> >> interim
> >> course.
> >>
> >> I was thinking about doing that. I have a video capture card (ATI TV

> >Wonder)
> >> and a DVD+R/RW writer. What else do I need?

> >Software to author the DVD from your captured video. I use Pinnacle

Studio
> >9.

> You are retarded. There are several packages which would work, you
> pirate **** retard!

I never said there wasn't, shithead. And backing up videotapes to DVD for
your own personal use isn't pirating.

Do you have anything useful to contribute, or are you just here to post more
of your typical foul-mouthed troll posts?

I'll bet it's the latter. And I also bet you will respond to this because
you won't have the self control to do otherwise. Now...JUMP BOY!

Mike Kohary 05-28-2004 07:43 PM

HellRazor wrote:
> "DarkMatter" <DarkMatter@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org> wrote in
> message news:v3geb0ddb289ceqh5upti3kt9okg6h69vm@4ax.com...
>> On Fri, 28 May 2004 02:14:07 GMT, "HellRazor" <nottellin@no.com> Gave
>> us:
>>

>>> "Bootstrap Bill" <wrcousert@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Software to author the DVD from your captured video. I use
>>> Pinnacle Studio 9.

>> You are retarded. There are several packages which would work, you
>> pirate **** retard!

> I never said there wasn't, shithead. And backing up videotapes to
> DVD for your own personal use isn't pirating.

It's not even illegal, not even under the DMCA, so Dork Matter has no leg to
stand on. At all.

Mike