Velocity Reviews

-   -   Angel Heart uncut? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t267246-angel-heart-uncut.html)

BeStiff 05-17-2004 03:25 PM

Angel Heart uncut?

Does anyone know if the upcoming Special Edition of "Angel Heart" is
the uncut version or the original US theatrical version of the movie?

The list of features for the DVD on Amazon does not mention if any of
the footage that had been cut out of the theatrical showing has been
restored or not. I had read that the British R2 version had a longer
running time and the some footage had been restored, (while at the
same time other footage had been trimmed!)

I don't know why they would go to the trouble of re-releasing the
movie on DVD a second time and not make it a "director's cut". The
extras listed do not include deleted scenes either, so it looks like
if the scenes have not been put back into the movie, the viewer is out
of luck.

Wild Coyote 05-17-2004 07:10 PM

Re: Angel Heart uncut?

On Mon, 17 May 2004 15:25:14 GMT, wanderinroy@hotmail.com (BeStiff)
wrote:

>Does anyone know if the upcoming Special Edition of "Angel Heart" is
>the uncut version or the original US theatrical version of the movie?
>
>The list of features for the DVD on Amazon does not mention if any of
>the footage that had been cut out of the theatrical showing has been
>restored or not. I had read that the British R2 version had a longer
>running time and the some footage had been restored, (while at the
>same time other footage had been trimmed!)
>
>I don't know why they would go to the trouble of re-releasing the
>movie on DVD a second time and not make it a "director's cut". The
>extras listed do not include deleted scenes either, so it looks like
>if the scenes have not been put back into the movie, the viewer is out
>of luck.

Thank you for posting this, I was about to ask the exact same
question. I would like to add, does anyone know how long the uncut
version is? Half.com has a supposed unrated VHS version at a 123
minutes. The most I can find is 113 minutes. Any help would be
appreciated.

--
The Day PP was speechless, April 20, 2004.

"This may actually be the strangest idea ever in abp. I think you got
me, WC--I'm speechless. A guy in a female road runner suit... that's
just not right."

Wild Coyote
wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

mazinz 05-18-2004 01:42 AM

Re: Angel Heart uncut?

from what i remember with the older vhs tape from years ago, it was only mere
seconds of difference between the two (the sex scene was one)

Brandon Fisher 05-18-2004 02:46 AM

Re: Angel Heart uncut?

There is a review of it up at the Home Theater Forum
(www.hometheaterforum.com)
and further down in the thread the reviewer confirms that it is uncut.

WMaynard 05-18-2004 04:05 AM

Re: Angel Heart uncut?

On Mon, 17 May 2004 15:25:14 GMT, wanderinroy@hotmail.com (BeStiff) wrote:

>Does anyone know if the upcoming Special Edition of "Angel Heart" is
>the uncut version or the original US theatrical version of the movie?
>
>The list of features for the DVD on Amazon does not mention if any of
>the footage that had been cut out of the theatrical showing has been
>restored or not. I had read that the British R2 version had a longer
>running time and the some footage had been restored, (while at the
>same time other footage had been trimmed!)
>
>I don't know why they would go to the trouble of re-releasing the
>movie on DVD a second time and not make it a "director's cut". The
>extras listed do not include deleted scenes either, so it looks like
>if the scenes have not been put back into the movie, the viewer is out
>of luck.

Sometimes life hands us these tragedies.

Claire D. Lune