Velocity Reviews

-   -   New copy protection? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t267097-new-copy-protection.html)

ayosha 05-07-2004 12:24 PM

New copy protection?

Hi,
I had 2 originals of the same DVD, Star Blazers 1-5, quite new,
no visible faults, which my PC didn't recognise as playable
disk (XP, LG4040 DVD writer) and which would play on CyberHome
505 (standard player) with initial interference.
If it were only one I would say bad disk. But two?
Could it be a new copy protection device? Or a new standard my
LG (with latest firmware upgrade) doesn't recognise?
Any suggestions and ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks