Velocity Reviews

-   -   "Glue" VOB files together (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t267035-glue-vob-files-together.html)

mmmjean 05-03-2004 03:05 PM

"Glue" VOB files together

Hello,

I extracted from a DVD only hte 4 VOB files onto my hard disk. I don't
have the original DVD anymore.

What free tool or licenced program can I use to:
- put these 4 VOB files together (and is it a good idea)?
- create a minimal DVD format (I don't need a menu, I just need the
film in original language with no subtitles)

Thanks

Jean

Biz 05-03-2004 05:32 PM

Re: "Glue" VOB files together

"mmmjean" <mmmjean@voila.fr> wrote in message
news:42898a00.0405030705.4f44d9d9@posting.google.c om...
> Hello,
>
> I extracted from a DVD only hte 4 VOB files onto my hard disk. I don't
> have the original DVD anymore.
>
> What free tool or licenced program can I use to:
> - put these 4 VOB files together (and is it a good idea)?
> - create a minimal DVD format (I don't need a menu, I just need the
> film in original language with no subtitles)
>
> Thanks
>
> Jean

Then delete the vobs, if you sell or dont own the original, you have no
rights to have a copy of it....

mmmjean 05-04-2004 07:03 AM

Re: "Glue" VOB files together

> Then delete the vobs, if you sell or dont own the original, you have no
> rights to have a copy of it....

Sure, dude, dream on...

Richard C. 05-04-2004 01:59 PM

Re: "Glue" VOB files together

:
: I extracted from a DVD only hte 4 VOB files onto my hard disk. I don't
: have the original DVD anymore.
:
: What free tool or licenced program can I use to:
: - put these 4 VOB files together (and is it a good idea)?
: - create a minimal DVD format (I don't need a menu, I just need the
: film in original language with no subtitles)
:
: Thanks
:
=====================
You could BUY the DVD!
This newsgroup is not about piracy!

Mike Kohary 05-05-2004 03:50 PM

Re: "Glue" VOB files together

"mmmjean" <mmmjean@voila.fr> wrote in message
news:42898a00.0405032303.466bb129@posting.google.c om...
> > Then delete the vobs, if you sell or dont own the original, you have no
> > rights to have a copy of it....

> Sure, dude, dream on...

You're not going to find much help here, since you openly admitted you were
pirating a DVD.

Mike

Biz 05-05-2004 10:20 PM

Re: "Glue" VOB files together

"Mike Kohary" <spam@be.gone> wrote in message
> "mmmjean" <mmmjean@voila.fr> wrote in message
> news:42898a00.0405032303.466bb129@posting.google.c om...
> > > Then delete the vobs, if you sell or dont own the original, you have

no
> > > rights to have a copy of it....

> > Sure, dude, dream on...

> You're not going to find much help here, since you openly admitted you

were
> pirating a DVD.
>
> Mike

I, and I think many in here, can tolerate making an occasional backup of
rare dvds or dvds you dont' want to get damaged, but blatantly making of
copies of dvds you rented or sell after copying is just not tolerated.

Mik DaDik 05-06-2004 12:47 AM

Re: "Glue" VOB files together

You could use IFOEDIT to create IFOs again... works well.

mmmjean 05-07-2004 06:25 AM

Re: "Glue" VOB files together

> I extracted from a DVD only the 4 VOB files onto my hard disk. I don't
> have the original DVD anymore.
>

>> Then delete the vobs, if you sell or dont own the original, you

have no
>> rights to have a copy of it....

Maybe we are not living in the same country. In my country copying
from a friend for personal use is allowed.

>> I, and I think many in here, can tolerate making an occasional

backup of
>> rare dvds or dvds you dont' want to get damaged, but blatantly

making of
>> copies of dvds you rented or sell after copying is just not

tolerated.

Believe me, if I wanted to make "many" copies and "sell" them then I
would I have used better tools than a mere copy-paste of the VOB files
of the original DVD.
I copied them from a friend for private use. For your information,
this film was already on TV. Go ahead if you like to criticize all
people having a DVD-recorder at home!

The problem remains: switching from one VOB to the other is
uncomfortable, that's why I want to glue the together.

>> You could BUY the DVD!

I wish I had the money for that.

Well, I have a doubt. Are you guys from the USA? Are you sure that the
film industry is having trouble because a few people are copying DVDs
for their private use? Don't you think these problems rather come from
the billions of dollars spent in Irak with the poor result we know?

Biz 05-07-2004 06:44 AM

Re: "Glue" VOB files together

"mmmjean" <mmmjean@voila.fr> wrote in message
news:42898a00.0405062225.fbb136f@posting.google.co m...
> > I extracted from a DVD only the 4 VOB files onto my hard disk. I don't
> > have the original DVD anymore.
> >

> >> Then delete the vobs, if you sell or dont own the original, you

> have no
> >> rights to have a copy of it....

> Maybe we are not living in the same country. In my country copying
> from a friend for personal use is allowed.

Copyright infringement is international law, it matters not what country you
live in. Personal use and DMCA regs differ, but not copyright laws...

Mike Kohary 05-07-2004 12:33 PM

Re: "Glue" VOB files together

"mmmjean" <mmmjean@voila.fr> wrote in message
news:42898a00.0405062225.fbb136f@posting.google.co m...

> Maybe we are not living in the same country. In my country copying
> from a friend for personal use is allowed.

What country is that? France? France abides by the same international
copyright laws as most of the rest of the developed world, and copying from
a friend is definitely not allowed. "Private personal use" refers to your
own use of a DVD you already own. You could copy your own DVDs without
breaking any laws. But you can't copy your friend's DVD - that's illegal.

> >> You could BUY the DVD!

> I wish I had the money for that.

I'm sorry, but that's what you need to do, or do without it. I wish I had
the money for a Ferrari, but I'll have to make do with what I have.

> Well, I have a doubt. Are you guys from the USA? Are you sure that the
> film industry is having trouble because a few people are copying DVDs
> for their private use? Don't you think these problems rather come from
> the billions of dollars spent in Irak with the poor result we know?

Yes, the film industry is funding the war in Iraq. You're brilliant.

Mike