Velocity Reviews

-   -   Kill Bill Subtitle Question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t266860-kill-bill-subtitle-question.html)

Tony soprano 04-19-2004 07:05 PM

Kill Bill Subtitle Question

Ok I finally got around to watching Kill Bill V1 the other night.

In the scenes where Japanese is being spoken, there were no captions on the
sceen that let me know what the conversation was. I assumed that this was
the way Tarentino wanted it and that's how it played in theatres.

About halfway through I thought, why not hit the subtitles and see if that
lets me know what they are saying?

Lo and behold, I turn the subtitles on and now I get the whole converstaion.

Does this happen on everyones player or is mine just acting weird with this
disk?

If you actually are required to turn subtitles on to get all the dialogue,
that is complete bullshit that it isn't made clear anywhere on the packaging
or even before the movie starts. I missed quite a bit of conversation before
I decided to turn them on.

T.

--
"Logout, that cookie **** makes me nervous!" - Tony Soprano

Wynner 04-19-2004 07:25 PM

Re: Kill Bill Subtitle Question

Depends on what English subtitles you use !!!

There are English Subtitles + English Subtitles ( for the hard of hearing )

You just need to use the "English Subtitles"

Works fine on My Player.

Joshua Zyber 04-20-2004 03:15 AM

Re: Kill Bill Subtitle Question

"Tony soprano" <dtvsucks@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> In the scenes where Japanese is being spoken, there were no captions

on the
> sceen that let me know what the conversation was. I assumed that this

was
> the way Tarentino wanted it and that's how it played in theatres.

Assuming this is the Region 1 disc you are talking about, subtitles
should automatically appear over the Japanese dialogue. If you're not
getting them, your DVD player is acting weird.

If this is an Asian import disc you're talking about, subtitles are less
likely to be automatically prompted.

Shinner 04-21-2004 02:22 AM

Re: Kill Bill Subtitle Question

"Joshua Zyber" <jzyber@SPAMMERS-DROP-DEAD.mindspring.com> wrote in
news:3B0hc.14108$l75.10993@newsread2.news.atl.eart hlink.net:

> Assuming this is the Region 1 disc you are talking about, subtitles
> should automatically appear over the Japanese dialogue. If you're not
> getting them, your DVD player is acting weird.

worked the same way on the dvd drive in my pc

Nonymous 04-21-2004 12:25 PM

Re: Kill Bill Subtitle Question

"Tony soprano" <dtvsucks@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ok I finally got around to watching Kill Bill V1 the other night.
>
> In the scenes where Japanese is being spoken, there were no captions on

the
> sceen that let me know what the conversation was. I assumed that this was
> the way Tarentino wanted it and that's how it played in theatres.
>
> About halfway through I thought, why not hit the subtitles and see if that
> lets me know what they are saying?
>
> Lo and behold, I turn the subtitles on and now I get the whole

converstaion.

> Does this happen on everyones player or is mine just acting weird with

this
> disk?

I had the exact same thing happen to me with "Swimming Pool" when she meets
and starts talking to the French caretaker who shows her around the house
and they converse in French. No problem with KB V1, though.