Velocity Reviews

-   -   looking for recommendaton for DVD/VCR player (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t266832-looking-for-recommendaton-for-dvd-vcr-player.html)

Bruce 04-18-2004 07:26 AM

looking for recommendaton for DVD/VCR player

I am a CPR instructor and am looking for a DVD/VCR player. Here are the
criteria I am looking for:

able to Pause for a long time (in excess of 1/2 hr) without going into a
standby mode or a resume mode
shuttle jog (or equivalant)
rigid (I will be traveling from one location to another)
portability

optional:
front jacks
dvd recording

I do not need a "high end" unit

Thanks
Bp

LASERandDVDfan 04-18-2004 09:54 PM

Re: looking for recommendaton for DVD/VCR player

>I am a CPR instructor and am looking for a DVD/VCR player. Here are the
>criteria I am looking for:

>rigid (I will be traveling from one location to another)

This is a criteria that does not apply to *any* DVD/VCR combo on the market.

All makes and models of DVD/VCR combo units in all price ranges are of a
compromised design and are almost totally unsuitable for consumer uses, much
less commercial/instructional uses. - Reinhart