Velocity Reviews

-   -   Kill Bill Vol 1, audio defects? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t266802-kill-bill-vol-1-audio-defects.html)

Joe McGuckin 04-15-2004 06:33 PM

Kill Bill Vol 1, audio defects?

Will watching Kill Bill last night, I noticed 2 occurrances of a cue
tone on the audio track within the first 10 minutes.

The first one is during the first fight scene in the kitchen, when the
kid walks in and Uma says "My name is <BEEEP>".

Is anyone else seeing this?

Joe

Doc Shock 04-15-2004 07:21 PM

Re: Kill Bill Vol 1, audio defects?

I heard it. I was thinking it was something in the movie scene, but couldn't
figure out what. I never saw the movie in the theater, so have nothing to
compare it to.

news:248eb73d.0404151033.67fdba99@posting.google.c om...

Justin 04-15-2004 07:27 PM

Doc Shock wrote on [Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:21:24 -0400]:
> I heard it. I was thinking it was something in the movie scene, but couldn't
> figure out what. I never saw the movie in the theater, so have nothing to
> compare it to.

Well, the name is supposed to be beeped out. But haven't seen the DVD so
can't tell if it's different.

Hmunster 04-15-2004 07:38 PM

Re: Kill Bill Vol 1, audio defects?

"Joe McGuckin" <joe@via.net> wrote in message
news:248eb73d.0404151033.67fdba99@posting.google.c om...
> Will watching Kill Bill last night, I noticed 2 occurrances of a cue
> tone on the audio track within the first 10 minutes.
>
> The first one is during the first fight scene in the kitchen, when the
> kid walks in and Uma says "My name is <BEEEP>".
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?
>
> Joe

Yep, that's normal. That's the way it was in the theatre.

Ollie T 04-15-2004 08:15 PM

Re: Kill Bill Vol 1, audio defects?

It is supposed to be there. They beep her name out twice at the beginning
and once at the end in the bar. They don't want you to know what her name
is until Vol. 2. It is supposed to be an oldschool cheesy little trick just
like the opening logos of the film. That's why this film is so much fun.

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

Mike Kohary 04-15-2004 09:31 PM

On 15 Apr 2004 11:33:23 -0700, joe@via.net (Joe McGuckin) wrote:

>Will watching Kill Bill last night, I noticed 2 occurrances of a cue
>tone on the audio track within the first 10 minutes.
>
>The first one is during the first fight scene in the kitchen, when the
>kid walks in and Uma says "My name is <BEEEP>".
>
>Is anyone else seeing this?

It's intentionally a part of the soundtrack, not a flaw. The second
time is a few seconds later, when Fox's character says, "<BEEP> just
asked you a question..." - we don't get to find out The Bride's real
name.

Mike
--

"Worry is like interest paid | Mike Kohary
in advance on a debt that |

Karma Photography http://www.kohary.com/photography

Jordan Lund 04-15-2004 09:40 PM

joe@via.net (Joe McGuckin) wrote in message news:<248eb73d.0404151033.67fdba99@posting.google. com>...

> The first one is during the first fight scene in the kitchen, when the
> kid walks in and Uma says "My name is <BEEEP>".

They beeped out her name intentionally... it was that way in the
theater as well and it appears the same way in the subtitles. "My name
is [bleep]."

I do have audo defects on my disc though, the DTS track snaps and pops
something awful.

- Jordan

(Spoiler below...)
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

Her name is "Beatrix".

Baron Gilliam 04-15-2004 10:43 PM

(Jordan Lund) wrote:

> I do have audo defects on my disc though, the DTS track snaps and pops
> something awful.
>
> - Jordan

I didn't notice any snaps and pops when I played the DTS track. In fact
I thought the audio had a nice 'warm' quality that I really liked.

damnfine 04-15-2004 11:37 PM

"Joe McGuckin" wrote:
> Will watching Kill Bill last night, I noticed 2 occurrances of a cue
> tone on the audio track within the first 10 minutes.
>
> The first one is during the first fight scene in the kitchen, when the
> kid walks in and Uma says "My name is <BEEEP>".
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?

BAIT!!!!

--
/^\damnfine/^\
"Somewhere in Texas, a village is being deprived of its idiot."

Tad Bitt 04-17-2004 03:01 PM

Re: Kill Bill Vol 1, audio defects?

This is intentional. Her name is actually Beatrix, however, Terantino didn't
want us to think of her as anything other than Black Momba.