Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless zero configuration (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t26643-wireless-zero-configuration.html)

=?Utf-8?B?YWJkdWw=?= 12-31-2005 08:59 PM

Wireless zero configuration

hi there.
I cant find the wireless tab on the (wireless network connection menu)
needed to configure a wireless connection . and i read alota stuff on the net
but i still cant fix this thing.
my laptop comes with the intel pro/wireless 2200BG adapter built in. and i
think that the adapter is not compatible with the wireless zero configuration
thingi or something. i cant start WZC as well. i get the message

' Error 1058: the service cannot be started either because it is disabled or
has no enabled devices associated with it'

well i know for sure that my adapter is working. (i.e under driver details
it says it works fine)
I did select the 'automatic' option for the WZC but I just cant get it to
'start'. the service status = stopped

by the way i have service pack 2 so 'apparently i dont need to instal some
pach or anything'
In addition the installed Intel® PROSet/Wireless software does not work
because i havent disabled windows xp from managing my wireless connections of
Windows XP.
but how am i supposed to do that if i cant see the wireless connection tab?!
tell me whats wrong with the WZC thing
can anyone help please? i cant contact my laptop manufacturer about my
adapter because they went bust a long time ago (TINY!). help me out if u can.
thanks in advance

=?Utf-8?B?bWF2ZXJtaWs5OA==?= 01-01-2006 09:20 PM

RE: Wireless zero configuration

Is your wireless networking card switched on? Most laptops have it turned off
by default to save power.It is usualy a 2 key combination press to switch it
on. I might be wrong but this one foxed me for a while

=?Utf-8?B?YWJkdWw=?= 01-01-2006 11:32 PM

RE: Wireless zero configuration

this news to me
where is this 2 key switch? i cant find it. i checked the driver details.
all i can tell is it working well and it is enabled. is there some additional
switch?

=?Utf-8?B?bWF2ZXJtaWs5OA==?= 01-02-2006 10:04 AM

RE: Wireless zero configuration

On my Fujitsu Siemens laptop I need to press (if my memory is right) the "fn"
key together with the "F2" key to turn the wireless card on.Your laptop will
probably be differant.Best bet is check the documentation that came with it.

The driver details will still tell you the card is ok even if it is switched
off-mine did