Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVDs with Dolby Digital intro? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t266373-dvds-with-dolby-digital-intro.html)

Grand Inquisitor 03-01-2004 03:59 AM

DVDs with Dolby Digital intro?

I loved the DD promo before Akira, it sets the mood for the home theater
experience. What other DVDs have the DD short?
and tagging wildebeests."
--Michael J. Nelson

Grand Inquisitor

Michael 03-01-2004 05:48 AM

Re: DVDs with Dolby Digital intro?

It's quite common in R4.
http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Search/...DDTrailer=TRUE

Punch Drunk Love R1 & T2:UE R1 have them too.

Charles C. Shyu 03-01-2004 03:30 PM

Re: DVDs with Dolby Digital intro?

That's something I miss from the old Laserdisc days. Back then almost every
LD I watched had the Dolby trailer, and it was fun seeing different ones
before different movies. Ahh...LDs...
--
Charles C. Shyu
http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html

Grand Inquisitor 03-01-2004 09:06 PM

Charles C. Shyu wrote:

> That's something I miss from the old Laserdisc days. Back then almost every
> LD I watched had the Dolby trailer, and it was fun seeing different ones
> before different movies. Ahh...LDs...

Yeah, LDs faded away just as I was able to afford them, so I never
actually had a collection or a player, but I followed the market for
years. I can definitely tell it had more of a collector's feel, with
the huge packaging and cover artwork, liner notes, etc. Packaging is a
lost art, most DVD covers are just rehashes of the poster.

and tagging wildebeests."
--Michael J. Nelson

Grand Inquisitor

Steve K. 03-01-2004 09:27 PM

Grand Inquisitor wrote:
> Packaging is a lost art, most DVD covers are just rehashes of the poster.

Most DVD's are NOT a rehash of the poster, but ususally a close up of
the actor's face. I'd rather see the original poster myself. I do agree
that packaging with the digipack style cardboard is really horrible.