Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVD Video (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f40-dvd-video.html)
-   -   Logging in to your old, CH account (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t266352-logging-in-to-your-old-ch-account.html)

Michael Walker 02-28-2004 10:59 AM

Logging in to your old, CH account
 
At http://www.columbiahouse.com/webdvd (instead of columbiahouse.com), one
can log into an old, cancelled account.



Stan Brown 02-28-2004 01:59 PM

Re: Logging in to your old, CH account
 
It seems "Michael Walker" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
>At http://www.columbiahouse.com/webdvd (instead of columbiahouse.com), one
>can log into an old, cancelled account.


I'm trying hard to think of why one might want to do that. I'm
failing. :-)

--
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Cortland County, New York, USA
http://OakRoadSystems.com
DVD FAQ: http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
other FAQs: http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/faqget.htm

Scot Gardner 02-28-2004 04:03 PM

Re: Logging in to your old, CH account
 
"Stan Brown" <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
news:MPG.1aaa68d1735ed58498bf20@news.odyssey.net.. .
> It seems "Michael Walker" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
> >At http://www.columbiahouse.com/webdvd (instead of
> >columbiahouse.com), one can log into an old, cancelled account.

>
> I'm trying hard to think of why one might want to do that. I'm
> failing. :-)



Maybe you forgot what titles they shipped to you?

With online credit card access, you can log into your previous credit
card number in order to print out statements.

Still, I can't see any reason to review an old Columbia House account.




Michael Walker 02-29-2004 12:30 AM

Re: Logging in to your old, CH account
 
Some enrollment codes require a PSN (old account number, or a current active
one).

"Scot Gardner" <Spamus@labamus.com> wrote in message
news:20040228110153.217$dV@news.newsreader.com...
> "Stan Brown" <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> news:MPG.1aaa68d1735ed58498bf20@news.odyssey.net.. .
> > It seems "Michael Walker" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
> > >At http://www.columbiahouse.com/webdvd (instead of
> > >columbiahouse.com), one can log into an old, cancelled account.

> >
> > I'm trying hard to think of why one might want to do that. I'm
> > failing. :-)

>
>
> Maybe you forgot what titles they shipped to you?
>
> With online credit card access, you can log into your previous credit
> card number in order to print out statements.
>
> Still, I can't see any reason to review an old Columbia House account.
>
>
>





SickBoy 02-29-2004 01:17 AM

Re: Logging in to your old, CH account
 
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:59:08 -0600, "Michael Walker"
<mike1977@hotmail.com> wrote:

>At http://www.columbiahouse.com/webdvd (instead of columbiahouse.com), one
>can log into an old, cancelled account.
>


This may be an internet 'phishing' scam designed to get credit card
numbers or account info...be careful people.

SickBoy



Michael Walker 02-29-2004 02:30 AM

Re: Logging in to your old, CH account
 
"SickBoy" <SickBoy@thecomputer> wrote in message
news:5bf2401hl24hk2plhee7etj1mco7d2l565@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:59:08 -0600, "Michael Walker"
> <mike1977@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >At http://www.columbiahouse.com/webdvd (instead of columbiahouse.com),

one
> >can log into an old, cancelled account.
> >

>
> This may be an internet 'phishing' scam designed to get credit card
> numbers or account info...be careful people.
>
> SickBoy


What? I think you misunderstood. I found out about this here
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=349222

It is not a scam since it is at columbiahouse's site. It is the same address
you can log into to get a $5 discount ($30 + )for the first online order
(the /webdvd after columbiahouse.com) for a particular account. The
www.columbiahouse.com/webdvd address is on a legit coupon directly from
Columbia House!!! (I have one from being mailed with my enrollment invoice)
I was just saying some enrollment codes which you can use and can apply for
directly at their site (just www.columbiahouse.com) require a PSN. It can be
helpful if you want to sign up for a new account and have trouble locating
your old account numbers, that is if you registered a username for one.



SickBoy 03-01-2004 10:42 PM

Re: Logging in to your old, CH account
 
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:30:25 -0600, "Michael Walker"
<mike1977@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"SickBoy" <SickBoy@thecomputer> wrote in message
>news:5bf2401hl24hk2plhee7etj1mco7d2l565@4ax.com.. .
>> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:59:08 -0600, "Michael Walker"
>> <mike1977@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >At http://www.columbiahouse.com/webdvd (instead of columbiahouse.com),

>one
>> >can log into an old, cancelled account.
>> >

>>
>> This may be an internet 'phishing' scam designed to get credit card
>> numbers or account info...be careful people.
>>
>> SickBoy

>
>What? I think you misunderstood. I found out about this here
>http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=349222
>
>It is not a scam since it is at columbiahouse's site. It is the same address
>you can log into to get a $5 discount ($30 + )for the first online order
>(the /webdvd after columbiahouse.com) for a particular account. The
>www.columbiahouse.com/webdvd address is on a legit coupon directly from
>Columbia House!!! (I have one from being mailed with my enrollment invoice)
>I was just saying some enrollment codes which you can use and can apply for
>directly at their site (just www.columbiahouse.com) require a PSN. It can be
>helpful if you want to sign up for a new account and have trouble locating
>your old account numbers, that is if you registered a username for one.
>


Thats exactly what phishing is. It can look like a real link, on a
real site but it directs to a totally different site but in the URL
box at the top of your browser, (IE.) it looks like a legit site (its
a known bug of IE) I'm just warning because the net is FULL of this
type of fraud. I work for an Internet Securities Firm and deal with
this everyday.

Just by you giving the link within your reponse can be suspect.
Please don't think I'm pointing blame at you but, everyone must be
cautious.

Peace

Sickboy


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.