Velocity Reviews

-   -   ReBoot 4th season coming to DVD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t266285-reboot-4th-season-coming-to-dvd.html)

Len-L 02-24-2004 07:33 PM

ReBoot 4th season coming to DVD

From http://www.tvshowsondvd.com :

ReBoot - Season 4/TV movies announced!

Anchor Bay Entertainment has announced that the two ReBoot TV movies,
Daemon Rising and My Two Bobs, will be coming to DVD on May 4th, 2004.
These two TV movies comprise a very short 4th, and final, season for the
series. The DVD will contain an anamorphic widescreen (1.78:1) picture
along with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound, and the disc carries a low SRP at
just $19.98. DVDEmpire.com and Amazon.com are taking preorders for the
disc already.

ReBoot was the first computer animated TV show when it aired in 1994. It
ran for 3 seasons (39 episodes) before returning in 2001 with these tv
movies (airing as 2 TV movies in Canada, but a series of 4 episodes each
in the US).

Len-L

Dogbert 02-26-2004 08:15 PM

Re: ReBoot 4th season coming to DVD

I have never even seen the first 2 seasons listed. The only ones Buy.com
has are for 4 DVDs for season 3. Amazon lists some other episodes in VHS
only, but they are all out of print. Were the first 2 seasons ever released
on DVD?

Len-L 02-27-2004 12:39 AM

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:15:24 GMT, "Dogbert" <nospam@nospam.nospam>
wrote:

>I have never even seen the first 2 seasons listed. The only ones Buy.com
>has are for 4 DVDs for season 3. Amazon lists some other episodes in VHS
>only, but they are all out of print. Were the first 2 seasons ever released
>on DVD?

The first two seasons have not been released on DVD due to confusion
over who owns the rights. Polygram had the rights, but they sold the
rights to all of their catalog to Universal. Universal sold the European
rights to TV Loon Land AG, who has no plans to do anything with them.
The term expires after 10 years and reverts back to Mainframe, and I
think we're close to that now. I have been unable to determine who owns
the North American rights.

Len-L

Invid Fan 02-27-2004 01:07 AM

Re: ReBoot 4th season coming to DVD

In article <wts%b.99405$hR.1954011@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
Dogbert <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote:

> I have never even seen the first 2 seasons listed. The only ones Buy.com
> has are for 4 DVDs for season 3. Amazon lists some other episodes in VHS
> only, but they are all out of print. Were the first 2 seasons ever released
> on DVD?

Nope, there's some question about who has the rights. ADV would have
released the first two seasons when they did the 3rd if they'd been
able to.

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS